1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft; Official Bit-tech server

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Stickeh, 6 Oct 2010.

1. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

2. wst

wst Minimodder

Oh, that wasn't meant to be burning? I warped there yesterday to get to some clay that I could see on the cartograph and saw some blocks on fire and thought nothing of it XD

3. Canon

Canon Reformed

There seems to be alot of destruction, I can garuntee the hotel has been flooded again then, most likely by the same person that did it before, whoever that may be, I havn't been on to check since earlier yesterday.

edit: just been on and yes, the hotel is flooded and alot of other peoples things have been damaged. Stickeh is going through the trouble of hosting this server for us to enjoy, if you are going to use it to antagonise others that abide by the set rules for their own sake and those around them, then quite frankly **** off please.

Last edited: 12 Oct 2010
  4. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

And if it continues, a whitelist / ban list will come into play, i'd hate to do it, but i thought a bt only server would mean no griefing...

5. Canon

Canon Reformed

iirc there are one or two non bit tech members beginning to appear on the server, and shock horror griefing starts, coincidence? maybe.

6. wst

wst Minimodder

Idk who that nuke guy was, if you're reading this post so I can apologise, but if not... suspicious that he wanted glass-breaking tips XD

7. Canon

Canon Reformed

Cheers for that, at first I thought it would have been the same person that had patched it up, but now I know. It was a simple job of switching the stone with glass so could have been alot worse.

It was when I went into my room, it had all the glass knocked out of it and was flooded with water. If someone does have a problem with my room or the hotel please say so instead of flooding it every day. It is for all to use, so by all means add something to it, put your name on a room sign and claim it as yours, work away, destroying it isn't funny nor clever, I for one would like to see this server stick around, it's good fun! :thumb:

8. DragunovHUN

DragunovHUN Modder

No joke, i used to live in Canon's hotel but i had to move out because of the rampant vandalism.

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

It's starting to look like a particularily rough estate (with a good council i'll have you know!)

10. deathtaker27

deathtaker27 Modder

I still am lost on the server, its soo massive!! and i dont know any of the warps so i cant shortcut

11. nukeman8

nukeman8 What's a Dremel?

lol apology accepted, i made a glass box up in the sky and it has 3 glass blocks that refuse to be smashed.

Can't we just check for people being on when no one else is (server logs?), same sort of time the incidents happen and see if the same people(s) are online each time?
    or people that are on when roughly the incidents occur and they can't put any work to their name ie canon has done the hotel (very nice btw) bindi with his ikea. People that are logging on and are building nothing are most likely up to no good, no?

Would massively suck to start putting a downer on it all thou, the whole server thing is great.

12. Canon

Canon Reformed

Yeah I mentioned about the server logs, from now on I'm taking note either mentally or if anyone is online telling them aswell. That way if we can get a look at the logs we can see who has been online since and that at least narrows it down.

I am guessing now that it has been mentioned it will stop, hopefully anyway. The bridge is going really well and Journeyer is doing the cables perfectly (and I mean perfectly lol). All looks swell.

Oh and there is a bit-tech logo on the Hotel now and a new floor.

13. wst

wst Minimodder

Journeyer, Stickeh, bridge builders...

I present the best way to build a scaffold.

boiled_elephant likes this.
  14. g3n3tiX

g3n3tiX Minimodder

That is nice.
    Already know about the torch thing. I knew it ! Water absorbes falls !

15. nukeman8

has the spawn point been changed?
    i just did /spawn and i ended up on a beach.

16. Elliot_O

Elliot_O SPARROW

Isn't there some kind of log you can do to check who it is?
    The griefer that is.

17. Stickeh

Sounds like the server has reset to a new map, I can't fix it as I'm out for the day, do any warp work, in fact does sethome etc work?

18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

warps work, but the /home is ****ed :/ Just select warp 3 and run back from there.

19. nukeman8

thats odd my /home works fine, just /spawn that seems to have moved

20. Stickeh

i fixed it...either it got lost somehow, or someone reset it by accident...looking at matt. haha