1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linux Minecraft

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by wst, 23 Sep 2010.

1. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Very much. I got very bored with single player in 3 days after I built everything + underground rollercoaster. Unfortunately there's a limit to how fast it can go.

2. October

October Mariachi Style

:hehe:

I don't have a problem with anything, I just think it's funny how being a small (fine, one man) company makes you immune to greed in the eyes of some people. And I'm certainly not holding Activision in any kind of golden light here, just makin an observation.

@SMC I don't for a second think he should lower the price, that would indeed be bad business. But I do remember reading all kinds of fuss over Betas and the possibility of paying for them happening in here not so long ago, and this is an Alpha...?

:D

3. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

It's not like you're paying for a demo though, as with these pay for beta things. You're getting the full game as it stands at any one time.

Anyway you aren't really giving notch money, you're giving it to Paypal. Last I heard Paypal was locking his funds. I admit I'm not incentivising this much.

4. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish What's a Dremel?

That was all sorted a while back, he got such a huge spike in sales Paypal freaked and auto-suspended the account. After talking to them and passing over some documents, it's unlocked again bar a 5% of funds temporary held as a deposit for a few weeks if i remember rightly.

In short, this issue is sorted :)

5. October

October Mariachi Style

Yeah I read that, I guess $300,000 in small amounts in the course of a single day might look slightly suspicious :hehe:

Anywho, fair play to the guy, he made good. The only point I'm trying to make is; replace Minecraft with Modern Warfare 3 or some such and this discussion would be going in a very different direction.

6. wst

wst Minimodder

"When are we getting it on PC?" "PC sucks xbox r000ls" "Get bent" "You're both wrong, PS3 Cheesecake" (in chorus from Xbox and PC guys) "**** you PS3"

:D

7. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

Ok guys, i'm going to setup a server now, i won't be online all the time to police it, i'll op those that i deem fit, the server will not be online 24/7 and the ip address is available if you pm me.

First i need someone to test that i have port forwarded correctly...anyone?

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Send me an IP (incoming from the other side of the world though)

9. Canon

Canon Reformed

May or may not have been mentioned already, Multiplay's servers are going through final tests and should be live soon, no idea on pricing but I imagine the quality of service will follow with their other game servers.

Shame, Minecraft just isn't for me.

10. Stickeh

Ok server is up, anyone that wants to just pm me for the ip, im not going to put in out publicly

11. wst

wst Minimodder

So I just watched all of coestar's Minecraft videos. 14 of them (so far). I am mentally pacing the room, waiting for episode 15. This is ridiculous.

12. Rogan

Rogan Not really a

I'm just waiting for co-op zombie survival mode.

13. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Lost 8 hours to classic last night. I compare classic to being a child again with my lego blocks. I think im in love.

Last edited: 25 Sep 2010
  14. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

This.

I want more enemies!

15. Ape

Ape Suck my barrel

Yes.

After reading the Minecraft site, Steam forum mentions and this thread, I would like to check it out.

I would like to see a massive gfx overhaul at some point. Maybe Valve will sort that out?

16. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

There is a high(er) res texture pack. Some people prefer it, I for one like the original textures for some reason.
    http://painterlypack.net

17. wst

wst Minimodder

Ok, I bought it. My first world sucks, so far, it's all desert-islands, cactuses, trees on islands that I didn't spawn on, and only one decent rock formation so far. It's going to be a hell of a job to build a bridge or 3 between islands :eek:

18. Stickeh

sent ips to all those that have asked for one, so go on and have fun. It most likely wont be online from the hours of say 1am>10. All dependent on when i sleep, so expect it up late at the weekends....hell i dont work much at all so it'll be up late on the week too!

19. wst

wst Minimodder

4th night of being killed by beasties. I will treasure the first coal I find, dangit.

20. Stickeh