1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Mini-ITX Parvum X1.0 Case now available from OcUK for £99.95

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Combatus, 28 Jan 2015.

1. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Staff Super Moderator

2. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

Great to see this case finally coming to the mass market. I hope they sell like hot cakes!

One thing though - given that this is a press release and not an actual genuine Bit-Tech editorial piece, shouldn't it go in the "Industry News" section? I know that the piece itself has a nice box at the top stating that it's a press release rather than editorial, but to my mind at least, sticking it in the "Article Discussion" section blurs the boundaries between advertising and editorial a little.

3. David

David RIP Tel

There's little doubt these are quality cases, and I like the look, but I can't escape the feeling that they will be massive static-electricity dust magnets, and I'd like some Parvum customers to weigh in with their views on the matter.

[edit]Wait... no CPU cutout on the mobo tray?

[​IMG]

4. jimbok11

jimbok11 New Member

Looks nice...

5. bawjaws

bawjaws Well-Known Member

JRS, I'd drop Parvum an email directly - every time I've corresponded with them, they've been extremely helpful.

6. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Nope - the thinking here is undoubtedly that because PSU is located right behind the CPU tray, if there was a cutout you wouldn't be able to access it very easily.

Regarding the dust, I haven't found that to the case at all. Mine is white and I've not noticed any substantial dust build up. From what I remember, the plastic they use is antistatic anyway (important since its holding a computer), so shouldn't cause any more issues than just metal.

I’d also like to just say that I 100% recommend people take a long look at a Parvum case. Its unlike anything else on the market, and it really has made all the cases I’ve seen released since look like ‘just another black box’

7. David

David RIP Tel

Oh they're a thing of beauty, Tom, no doubt. Thanks for the info.

8. Arboreal

Arboreal Well-Known Member

No static in my part built box, thankfully.
    I've put a filter on the 120mm intake but am not sure what to do with the extensive and open fan grille on the top.

I haven't measured it yet, so maybe a rad filter and self adhesive magnetic tape to hold it may do the trick.

Hoping to bench build it again soon after a part build and rejig of parts.

Like Tom says, they are not only a great innovative design, but Justin & Shaun are great to deal wit; very engaged with customers and interested in modding.
    Great to see a new small business doing well :thumb:

9. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Glad to see these finally being released, hope they took on board some of my comments.

Would recommend to anyone really, haven't had much of a dust issue yet, although the rad for my cpu cooler is starting to get a bit dirty :p

Tags: Add Tags