1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mini Mini PC

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Tezdread, 26 Feb 2004.

1. Tezdread

Tezdread What's a Dremel?

I was fitting an Aerogate II in my shuttle and noticed that by removing a few parts like the fan / exhaust and with the right bits this could be the perfect start to bilding a PC that fits into the bedside draw or some other small space. :idea:

Out of the shuttle, the mobo (onboard - sound, graphics, network, usb, firewire) reduces the needs for AGP / PCI cards. The power suply is ideal, nice and slimline. Add a laptop CDROM & HDD and your sorted! Not sure what would make a good case though :confused:

I figure the size would be approx 19cm(W) x 28cm(L) x 9cm (H) that would fit in the inside of my arm chair! :dremel:

Don't know a thing about electronics, but would it be possible to wire up a laptop screen to onboard graphics? If so any links to sites?

2. irsekz

irsekz What's a Dremel?

i know people who have tried to hook up lcd screens from lap tops but im not sure if they were sucessful there was something on tech tv about this a while ago check www.techtv.com

3. fuzzygoblin

fuzzygoblin What's a Dremel?

YES, it is possible YES it is very very hard YES it is very very expensive and YES its not worth it, you can buy a lcd falt scrren or less then what it will cost to use a laptop screen.

4. ajack

ajack rox

Why not go for a 10" TFT from ebay or something or a PSOne LCD (can also be bought cheaply -- there's a thread atm about the PSOne LCD, just :search: <-- yey the smilie means something now :D)

5. my58vw

my58vw Plexi Expert

Exactly: expensive... jsut get a LCD for the money... laptop LCD screens run 500+ not cheep

6. Tezdread

Tezdread What's a Dremel?

cool, I'll ditch the laptop screen idea. I've read through the post you mentioned, now the guide is up I'll have a look through it :hip:

7. Anator

Anator What's a Dremel?

you could always carve a case out of wood - but make sure you fireproof it :D