1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guides Mini Mods: Custom Glass Spacers and Retention Screws

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 12 Apr 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. Fizzl

Fizzl What's a Dremel?

Nice demo. Not sure I've got space or budget for a lathe!

If you are going to dive into larger tools it would be great to see a build your own water block article. Maybe even looking at manually routing vs build your own vs getting your design done professionally.

3. Maki role

Maki role Dale you're on a roll... Lover of bit-tech

There’s definitely going to be some of that in the future for sure. I do have a manual router so in theory I could do that, but if I’m honest I would just recommend doing the design work yourself and outsourcing the cutting work if you don’t have a suitable machine. It’s more than possible to do by hand, as quite a few folks on here have shown, but basic machining is fairly inexpensive these days as the tooling required to make a decent block isn’t that advanced.

On the lathe front though, I implore folks to look into mini lathes as they’re fantastic. Mine’s quite a diddy option and very capable, I would imagine most don’t realise how small they can get whilst still remaining functional. Just ask @Nexxo for confirmation haha

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Nope. Not falling for it. I don't have space for even a tiny lathe.

5. Dr. Coin

Dr. Coin Multimodder

But we can dream...

Great guide. I think you're going to need to to restart and adjust your design to include the brass spacer.

Tags: Add Tags