Guides Mini Mods: Making Simple Cable Clamps

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 13 Jul 2017.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

2. David

David RIP Tel

Heh, I've literally just this minute ordered one of those ratchet hand tapping tool kits from Amazon. :)

3. davido_labido

davido_labido Modding Content Lead Staff

They work, but they are not great. I have a proper set.... somewhere, but has run away for the moment! The cheapo one lives in my toolbox with a little set of cheapo taps and does the job when I need it :)

4. David

David RIP Tel

I had a very nice tap & die set from my apprenticeship, waaay back, but it got nicked along with most of my tools when my shed was broken into. Can't justify coughing up for a decent full set again and the wrenches in the cheap ones tend to be utter garbage. It's only for lightweight occasional use, so I'm hoping this kit will do.

5. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Money on spacers. :lol: How many free/dried up Bic pens do you have laying around?

6. davido_labido

davido_labido Modding Content Lead Staff

none! (seriously) I don't lol. I actually bought these spacers for a different job, but saw their use here. For the price of them, it isn't worth worrying about though, I bought a whole pack for something like £1.50 including delivery and they arrived within 24 hours :D

Tags: Add Tags