1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mininova trialling Torrent video streaming

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Mar 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

2. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Won't this destroy seeding? As once you've finished watching it you'll stop seeding.

3. p3n

p3n New Member

if the streaming iplayer went p2p it would lose me as a user since i mainly use it from work where we dont allow such activities :p

4. cyrilthefish

cyrilthefish New Member

Image where we'd be if the MPAA / RIAA decided to embrace technology this way instead of trying to brutally beat it into submission at every turn :duh:

5. DriftCarl

DriftCarl Member

Well they would have the "master" servers which will be the main seeders i guess. Just the people watching it will also be helping seeding while they watch. It wont eliminate the BW costs, but it will cut them down drastically.

I live the iPlayer stream, I was stuck at work the other saturday waiting for automated backups and other month end stuff to finish, so I watched Ashes to Ashes, its nice getting paid to watch BBC programs :p and I dont even have a TV at home or a TV licence :eek:

6. Impossible

Impossible Member

If the content was over 30 mins, then I guess this would cause selfish people unknowningly to seed more!

7. fargo

fargo New Member

personally I don't torrent anymore the benifit does't outway the risk, I rent movies for $1.00 and burn
    copies for me but I hope this works out and the MPAA gets it stuck up their dark hole

8. yuusou

yuusou Well-Known Member

if you watch anime renting is by no means an option. it wouldn't even be available, and even if it was, it wouldn't be subbed. I rather normal torrenting to streamed.

9. completemadness

completemadness New Member

why cant we just get multicast implemented on the web

I mean, that's basically what this is trying to be (if im reading correctly), except there are already standards in place

10. willyolio

willyolio New Member

i guess, unless the movies are of low enough quality that download speeds >> playback speeds.

11. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Tags: Add Tags