1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Missing Girl -Madeline Mcann

Discussion in 'Serious' started by funkycat06, 11 May 2007.

1. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I didn't say that i based all of my opinions on articles i've read in the times, but I will stick with the whole media ideas.

Also, we for some reason had a disccusion this morning, why her? I'm sure there are hundreds if not thousands of young children who are abducted/murdered every year abroad, so what makes her so damn-special? One reason for her dissaperance/murder was parental neglect (I don't care if it was only 30mins or so and they were a few hundred feet away, you shouldn't leave your toddlers alone in their beds anywhere) and yet shes still more important than a child who has been taken for a reason that has nothing to-do with parental neglect.

I actually hope that they get in trouble, mabey not for the murder of her (if it happened) but because they've used her as a centre of attention for themselves, instead of actually tring to find her, and also becase at the end of the day, they didn't do thier jobs as parents. I think to teach them a lesson, their twins should be fostered, as if they can't properly look after one child, then how the Hell are they going to look after twins.

(if you found the above harsh, I'm sorry, but thats just my personal opinion and I have a right to state it)

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I agree with that last post of yours but not with saying she was murdered by the parents. I prefer to say she could have been murdered by the parents and this is what the police are investigating.

3. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

I think they are guilty... I am happy to be proven wrong, but I have my opinion and I've come to my own conclusions. I suppose the difference is that some people claim to actually know that they are guilty, which isn't right. I know someone who speaks like he has some kind of inside source.

I agree, apart from that in a place you and they are familiar with. Ie, at home, at grandparents etc is fine. Otherwise parents would just go insane having to be within sight of their kids even while asleep.

4. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

That's probably because they are!

On a side note, my mind hasn't been made up by the media, two weeks after it happened I voiced the opinion that the parent's killed her (although I did think intentionally).

Either way, they'll never get charged because they'll never find a body being as it was probably dropped far out to see.

I bet the pope feels sick as a parrot though.

5. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I've seen tabloids (Express/Mail) and broadsheets (Times, Indy) lead with a provocative headlines ("Photo of Kate McCann holding bloody axe found in car") on the front page, then a contradicting article buried inside ("No DNA evidence found in car whatsoever"). It's crackers.

A part of me hopes that they are guilty. They are clearly suffering - I'd hate to think they were going through all this if they were innocent.

If they are innocent of involvement in her death or abduction, they are certainly paying the price for their complacency. Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm a parent of 1.5 kids - and this case has scared me to death. God knows what things that I do with my daughter and will do with my next child that I could one day live to regret. Imagine leaving the drives gates open...imagine not adequately securing bleach or knives...imagine not looking properly when you are reversing the car on the drive. There are so many ways to harm your children... it's a nightmare being a parent. I don't think they should have left the kids alone - not even if they were monitoring by baby monitor (as some have recommended) - but that doesn't mean I'm without sympathy for their loss.

Empathy is one of the higher functions that we humans have over other creatures. Let's try to practice it a bit. If they are proved to be guilty, we will have plenty of time to hiss and boo at them later. Let's assume they are victims (even if they may be culpable) for a little while longer.

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Of course not. But compassion fatigue has set in. That's the flip-side of bombarding people with your loss. At some point it feels forced upon them and they lash out.
    I think it is more complex than that. I think that both parents killed her by accident. They then possibly recruited some friends to cover for them to save the rest of their family. As for the camera...
    Well, yeah. I don't think they enjoy it, but I do think it has given their grief an interesting secondary gain. It is a bit complicated to explain, but they feel guilty and therefore doubt their entitlement to their grief. The public attention validates it. Hostility gives them something to fight. It is a distraction.
    Everybody has their opinion. Some people put their money where their mouth is (and not just Branson).
    Actually, I share your annoyance because I do believe most people react simply out of compassion fatigue and sensationalism, not because they actually thought about it. If anything, that is why I believe there should be a trial.
    Accidents will happen. Neglectful stupidity is another matter.

7. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i am out of that lynch-mob.