1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Miyamoto: Ocarina of Time could have been an FPS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 12 May 2008.

1. dslickness

dslickness What's a Dremel?

I don't think Zelda in a FPS mode would have worked. But then again it might have been a similar game to Half-life, being a FPS with the use of puzzles.
    Overall, I think Zelda is NOT a FPS type of game. Good thing he changed!
    Oh and I think the top 3 sure be expanded to 5.
    Mario Kart, Mario 64, Goldeneye, Zelda, Turok (and 2 please!).

2. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

zelda fps? Would've looked kinda like Morrowind lol. I'm still wondering what he thinks the 3rd reason is though. (I think he did this to us on porpose)

3. Jordan Wise

Jordan Wise Baby called to see the boss...

salesman, the only version of FF3 i've played is the ds version, and i really wasn't hooked by the whole diamond heroes kinda thing, and there is little to no back story for the main characters. 7 on the other hand had SO MUCH story, even the optional characters had very interesting backgrounds (vinnys story is ace) and all the stuff on the side you could do

And i don't know why nobody's mentioned Banjo Kazooie as a reason to have an N64, it was brilliant

4. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

Nah, SS2 for me.

5. Major

Major Guest

Mario Kart 64, Super Mario 64, Goldeneye 64, Banjo Kazooe, Bomberman, FIFA 98, F Zero X, those were the days (and still are, N64 is in the TV atm) :p

6. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I think I'm semi correct in saying that Zelda OoT really defined the 3d action/adventure game genre. Do you think if it was first person all the crappy spin offs would be as well? Like an entire genre being altered. Hmm.

7. salesman

salesman Minimodder

I played 7 alot loved it. I don't see how anyone could enjoy playing any rpg on a handheld, just doesn't give you the same thrill. But yeah 7 was an amazing game in its own right, but is was only better on few levels of gameplay then previous Final fantasy games, which is really my personal preference. Hell i enjoyed 8 bit animations from the original. My thing is that 'They will never top anything they have already done', but thats me and highly doubt they will cater to just my needs in a game, theres new people out there playing games everyday who they will cater to.

Tags: Add Tags