1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Miyamoto says: Wii = GameCube

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 5 Oct 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. teamtd11

teamtd11 *Custom User Title*

gamecube is still the best console rigth now imo, so this sounds like great fun :D

3. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Just proves that, as has always been the case, Nintendo know more about gameplay than Sony or Microsoft who throw pretty pictures at people.

4. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

I don't think I'll get a Wii, despite the fun factor it's guaranteeing. I've got a PS2 on the main telly and an xbox360 and pc upstairs. I hope they demo it in shops. I remember getting the missus to play Eye Toy in Curries in Peterborough, that was a good laugh.

5. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Yeah but your average idiot is impressed by graphics alone.

I always find myself goin back to or even playing old games for the first time.

Nintendo have always hit the gameplay aspect on the head.

6. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

This is the first console which is not aimed at a specific group of people, it's aimed at everyone and the games reflect this.

7. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

i really can't wait for the wii, i can't afford to pre-order it sadly. but if its anything like the GC i will be able to walk into a shop a week after launch an buy one anyway, had to make do with bloody purple tho

8. Da_Rude_Baboon

Da_Rude_Baboon What the?

Thats how you make money then, put an old console in a new body add a remote control and sell it to the people who bought the old console. :hehe: I do find it rather ironic that if MS or Sony had done the same thing they would be getting flame grilled right about now on here. :p

(Before you start flaming, i have a Wii on pre-order and if the PS3 looks any good after a launch i might buy one if the price is right.)

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Its been updated, and the controller is a major part of the console.. I would also imagine that they are not quite telling all when it comes to graphics power. Some of the games i have seen are looking mighty fine.

10. Slink

Slink B7

If only they could release "dead rising" on the WII, I wouldn't need another console.

11. riggs

riggs ^_^

Bah, couldn't care less about eye candy, that's what my PC's for.

The Wii imo, is the perfect party-play system, it's fun, like the Gamecube - hell, I spent last weekend playing Monkey Bowling (Monkey Ball mini game) with 4 mates, and it was great fun...even moreso after a drink/smoke.
    If the Wii can create a similar (or better) gaming experience, it'll be a fantastic machine.

12. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I think i gone buy a Wii as the ps3 is totally overpriced and i dont like the 360 controller. Plus that the price of the Wii is a bargain. What the heck with uebrgrafics. I only own a 28" Crt and i dont want to buy a new TV only becouse the games would look crap on mine.

13. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

I think this is underselling the wii a lot. The controller IS interesting and there are other features, namely the online aspect, downloading old stuff and a broader experience. and dont forget wii has a widescreen mode so maybe not HD but maybe EDTV. (still disappointed theres no 5.1 surround tho)

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it has something more interesting...... a speaker in the wiimote :D

as for it being a more powerfull GC, i realy dont care, your present computer is a more powerfull version of the previous one, which works better?

i will buy a wii, not at lauch, i hope that some computer of game store around here has one in display so i can pl..... test it :D

15. Lucidity

Lucidity What's a Dremel?

I had a gamecube, and I hated it because there weren't too many "I gotta have it titles."
    Not to mention why did they make a whole new console rather than an add on. This makes me think the Wii is a gimmick more than anything.

16. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Because it is a whole new console? The power increase between the GC and Wii isn't as big a jump as the xbox to 360 but Nintendo have never been about raw power - if their games are fun to play and ideally look nice as well then this will be a success.

17. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

I disagree. Gameplay isn't just about the input interface you know... :hehe:

18. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

I quite agree. It's like paying £180/$250 for a controller :baby:

19. Vergil_117

Vergil_117 What's a Dremel?

Doesn't wii have 5.1 on gamecube games like re4?

20. plug_in_ross

plug_in_ross What's a Dremel?

Let's just wait until someone releases a Star Wars lightsaber game. :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags