1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News MMD launches Philips Momentum 32” console gaming monitor

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 9 Apr 2019.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Staff Administrator

Read more

2. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

A 32" TV for console gaming? That's a micro-niche, I can imagine. Only gamers using their console at a desk would be interested. Anybody else will go for a bigger picture (42" up).

Also, why would you go for adaptive sync on consoles? Surely the developers aim to have consistent FPS using adaptive resolution by now? So it should fluctuate between either 25-30 FPS (too low for this TV) or 55-60 FPS (there is hardly any screen tearing I'd say). Or am I missing something here?

3. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

Probably so that news sites list it as a feature :p

That said, it may also become more relevant in the next wave of consoles.

4. perplekks45

perplekks45 LIKE AN ANIMAL!

Fair enough. I still don't think consoles need this feature, games should just be optimised properly for a fixed set of hardware, but maybe I'm old-fashioned.

This would still leave the weirdly small TV size to understand, though. I mean, for a PC monitor that's more than enough, but if I'm sitting 3-5 meters from a 32" screen I personally wouldn't want to game like that (anymore). We used to play games from right in front of a lot smaller TV sets with a resolution my calculator might laugh at today. But that was mainly due to technical restrictions in TV development and the fact our controllers were not wireless.

Tags: Add Tags