1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp MNPCTech Bit-Tech.net Case design contest VOTING thread!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by confusis, 1 Dec 2009.

?

Vote!

Poll closed 30 Dec 2009.
  1. Dark~3nergy

27 vote(s)
    36.5%
  2. razerz

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  3. confusis

10 vote(s)
    13.5%
  4. Trance

2 vote(s)
    2.7%
  5. lenne0815

15 vote(s)
    20.3%
  6. Xtrafresh

11 vote(s)
    14.9%
  7. editor22

7 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Nanosec

Nanosec absit iniuria verbis

Well, seems like Karma is showing up after all.....good luck with all of that Confusis. Hopefully it all works out for you and John. To say it all again, family first !!!

We will be here when you get back, so take the time to take care of what is needed, the contest can wait.

2. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

Yay for the NZ criminal system!:clap:
    2 years of getting slapped around for beating a pregnant woman. -No sane jury will let her walk.

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

We need to get back to how is your lady and child? Updates as you can confusis

john

4. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Probably wont be a jury trial, judges have a lot of power in NZ. Partner is still totally blind in right eye and the left half of her left eye is also blind most of the time. Ophthalmologist tested her eyes and with the right glasses most of her vision returns! Emergency health care is free in NZ but not optometrists. However we are trying ACC (accident compensation corporation) which is a Govt agency which usually pay for it for crime victims/accident victims. Go NZ! If not, social welfare will loan us the money and we can pay it back at like $5 a week.

It's funny because the week the offender's boyfriend will be let out of prison will probably be when she goes in.

5. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Problem is I'm now off work to help her look after my son and her. I have 1 week sick pay and 2 weeks holiday saved so hopefully all is well by then. I was planning to use the holiday pay money to help set up my business in the new town in 4 months. Just gonna have to save hard now!

6. Nutman

Nutman Never stuck with stock

Come on. Such reactions, preaching eye for for an...well, lip?, really doesn't suit members of this forum. You can do better. Oh, and confusis and john: I hope your loved ones get better soon - that's the primary issue here.

7. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Everybody has their own opinion. Trust me I've been thinking worse.

8. PureSilver

PureSilver E-tailer Tailor

Yeah. :sigh:

I don't really hope she gets fed into a woodchipper. That said, I am at a loss to suggest a suitable punishment for a person who brutally attacks a heavily pregnant woman, almost completely blinding her, in an assault prima facie aimed at murdering her and her unborn child. That sounds to me like grievous bodily harm as attempted murder and even the UK's rather brief sentencing system would suggest something more like ten rather than two years as an appropriate sentence. Doubtless there are mitigating and difficult-to-prove aspects of the case and facts I have failed to grasp.

Perhaps the best we can hope for from the attacker at some point over the two years is realisation and genuine remorse; that would be cold comfort to the victim but at least a start on the road to there not being any more victims. My currently-open criminology textbook, in the meantime, suggests that confusis and his partner make as clean a break as possible with this unhappy chapter and move onwards and upwards - so good luck to them in achieving those aims in whatever way they see fit. Good luck too to John's family in moving on and up.

Last edited: 12 Jan 2010
  9. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

Defendant is now claiming police have allowed her to get 'diversion' as it is her first offence. Effectively that means she may get off with a slap on the hand. However she claims the police have advised her that she was getting diversion. AFAIK that's a judges decision only. First trial is tomorrow. No jury, and we're not going to be there. Police statement is pretty clear and the evidence is damning considering her star (and only) witness's statement has been thrown out due to my evidence to the contrary of hers. (She said she saw everything, i witnessed that she didn't!)

10. GinoTheCop

GinoTheCop MKA

Sorry to what happened to your partner and kid confusis. Any security cam recordings or anything that could help you? I d double check the place to make sure.. Hope all will be fine soon for all of you...

11. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

happened at our house. definitely no cameras unless theres some perve somewhere

12. lenne0815

lenne0815 What has been seen cannot be unseen

i dunno, but a person that attacks a pregnant woman is just plain scum, doesnt matter under what circumstances etc etc, she deserves to get her live seriously ****ed up for that decision of hers to attack with a bottle, there are some boundaries nobody should ever step over, thats definatly one of them...

13. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

woah :S that's horrible. i hope everything will get well for you three, and that that other woman gets what she deserves for what she did

14. lenne0815

Final Pics :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

Any news, confusis? This incident has hit me hard, I hope all is well.

@lenne0815 What rendering and modelling programs did you use? Nice renders!!!!

Last edited: 31 Jan 2010
  16. lenne0815

3dsmax / maxwell v2

17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

the girl is on bail to return to court early march...not much else I know.

I will post my final renders later today :)

18. Dark~3nergy

Dark~3nergy what was dat sandvich ?

might aswell post mine now too, i have 2 others that i should render :S

[​IMG]

19. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Incredible design, just incredible Dark :thumb:

20. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

One more to come in a couple hours :)
    These have been resized as the original renders are 2816x2112 res :)