1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SketchUp MNPCtech & Bit-Tech.net case design contest

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Dark~3nergy, 1 Apr 2010.

1. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

That one was the original idea but I couldn't squeeze in an optical drive and powering a dual looped over clocked machine on a mini psu just seemed crazy :( I am kind of new to the joys of mini modelling though so if there's an SFF psu out there with enough juice then I could probably resize it down again. Only problem is I really like how the bottom box is shaping up :duh:

@ disturbed - Looks cool man, only advice I could give is try swapping the black material for a really dark grey so we can see what going on in the bottom section a bit better :)

2. asura

asura jack of all trades

Progress, progress, progress... Cheep's earlier comment about needing trained hamsters... Don't think that'll be enough, we'll have to put them on a diet first...

I've been using Scoobies tj07 for size comparison, it's about the same width, half the hight and two thirds the depth... fat and short.

[​IMG]

I'm working on a scene by scene assembly to prove (mostly to myself) that it can fit together, 'cause it really is properly tight.

Editor, stacked/modded pico-psu's? 1U psu? It really did look sexier smaller... There's a 250W one from here three of them, mobo, gpu, h20 and a forth if you're using a 2nd gpu? Something, ANYTHING to keep it small and sexy!

Otherwise the motherboard and it's sculptural mount loose their place as point of focus, I'd even loose the name on it too you're over-complicating it. As one of my lecturer's would say "this revision lacks the drama of your original design in search of functionality you have lost sight of your big idea."

I'm with Cheeps. Bring us hot-swap-able-ssd-tail-goodness :rock:

3. Cuzza

Cuzza What's a Dremel?

well I have added a card reader but that will probably be the last major change, I just don't have any time at the moment:

[​IMG]

4. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

So much fun stuff coming in.:D

5. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

agree, everyone is flowing with creativity.

6. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

@ Cuzza - Looks cool man, reminds me of a cityscape :) whats it look like with the edges enabled?

That just looks awesome dude! cant believe you managed to fit all that in there... must be witchcraft or something lol.
    Thanks for the link on the Pico psu's its helped no end in resizing even though I dont really understand how all this pico/mini stuff works I'll take your word for it that a stack of 4 will power the rig lol :p
    As for the hot swappable SSD drives.. well I had a play and its not really a tail but I'm happy with the retro'esk outcome :rolleyes: ( thanks cheaps for the idea <3 )
    Also swapped over the position of the "cool tubes" and the reservoirs but its nearing completion now so this is all I'm going to put up for now :)

[​IMG]

PS. wheres everyone elses? surely we haven't lost bentlya and metric?

7. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

i'm out of ideas! i have an awesome board and thats about it :/

8. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

noes! I was really looking forward to another black and orange monster :(

9. asura

asura jack of all trades

With your four giant air cooled towers (bright orange) I was reminded of hot-rods, all chrome, and super gloss black, and licking flames, ported exhausts straight from the cylinders up and out of the hood... Ok struggling to find pictures of that last one, but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere.

Go on, you've still got a week!

confusis likes this.
  10. Trance

Trance Two steps forward, one step back

Well I still haven't finished the watercooling, but I thought I'd show you this, the reason that this case would actually be pretty easy to work with:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    mmmm lcd behind motherboard :p had to get one in there somewhere!

11. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

@Editor - I REALLY like that.:D ...Photon torpedo nacelle.
    -also I can't draw and cut at the same time.:( I plan to re-arrange the duties of my rigs when i get guts for the new one.
    @Trance - I would have guessed that if the wavy bits interlocked like fingers. :hehe: sweet setup.

12. asura

asura jack of all trades

Trance, that looks so easy to assemble/disassemble, and sexy at the same time! Only real crit I can come up with is could you rotate the psu about it's long axis so that it's drawing air off the ram, thereby a) removing the need for the round hole in the side of your case and b) giving you an alternative place for your lcd?

13. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Damn man you know you want to pull youself away from gwass for a week just to get your entry in :naughty: lol

14. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

asura you're a legend! started again :D

hint: where the hell did the art deco look come from?

Last edited: 23 Apr 2010
  15. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

16. disturbed13

disturbed13 What's a Dremel?

now thats looking cool

17. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

18. confusis

confusis Kiwi-modder

19. Editor22

Editor22 E22 | Hex-Gear

Yay confusis is back in :) I'm liking the sloped vents down to the "60mm?" fans and is that clear plexi on the sides of the cooling towers showing off all the fins?

20. stonedsurd

stonedsurd Is a cackling Yuletide Belgian

Lookin' hawt confusis! Are you planning to give it some curves? The corners look a little lonely 'midst all the curves on the heatsink shrouds and front grill.