1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress [MNPCTech] Project: Rebel Alliance CMII

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Andrew_K, 16 Jan 2013.

1. mnpctech

mnpctech bit-tech sponsor

Last edited: 14 Feb 2015
  2. Impatience

Impatience Minimodder

Newish to the forums (been a lurker for a few months now..) and just HAD to say.. WOW. This project is amazing! :clap: Projects like this is what's made me join on here and utimately start building PC's myself! :rock: May your awesome mods continue! *Sorry for all the posters from last year who'll get this notification.. :worried: *

3. siliconfanatic

siliconfanatic Johny-come-Lately

Holy thread necromance, batman!

4. mnpctech

@Impatience, Thank you and Welcome to bit! and you will find lots of great inspiration and DIY knowledge here and awesome support from everyone including siliconfanatic :dremel::thumb:

5. siliconfanatic

It's what makes people come to bit, and it makes this place work. Without the knowledge, there would be no one here, and then... then it's just a hexus clone :lol: Keep coming, it won't take long to find the thriving sense of community that exists here... Something that's become very, very rare these days.

6. hanssx2

hanssx2 Minimodder

Well, does Andrew have the time to get the hold on a couple benchmarks?

7. mnpctech

I wondered too, but know hes been super busy with new career..

8. alhayez

alhayez What's a Dremel?

Hi, loved reading about this build and watching the videos, best c2 build I've seen. I've had my c2 for a couple of years now and am in the process of replicating your build.

I've got my clear panel, fan rings, modders mesh and acrylic panels and am quite far through modding the case.

Just wondering why you guys ended up removing the acrylic floor panel?

Cheers, alhayez

9. mnpctech

Do you have a project log link alhayez? Andrew preferred the recessed look over the acrylic floor

[​IMG]

10. siliconfanatic

That resurrection though x3

11. alhayez

alhayez What's a Dremel?

no project log, i wasn't going to do one to be honest as its a bit hit and miss when i get to work on it.

also funding the project in stages as not to alert the misses to how much high end pc's cost is also a factor, haha.

I might post one when the rest of the hardware shows up and the case is sprayed.

hardware:

gigabyte GA x99 gaming g1

intel i7 5820k, EK LTX block, 360mm rad (went 6 core for high res gaming, keen to dabble) and the 5930k seemed massively over kill

2x r9 290x reference cards with EK water blocks and back plates in crossfire, 2x 140x55mm rads- (re using from my old system, not sure if they will cut it yet. any thoughts from experience?)

had these cooling 2x evga 660 ti sc's before and they did the job

ram - undecided

2x samsung 840 evo ssd's

1tb caviar black hdd

2x EK pumps, 2 loops.

2x 150mm EK-RES v3

EK fittings, tubing, mayhems coolant (same colors as the rebel A)

not sure if copying someones design is frowned upon or not (not going to take any credit mind you), but i just had to have this case! i can do the modding, but dont have a creative bone in my body haha. you guys did an amazing job on this, its a work of art

12. mnpctech

Alhayez, Completely understood. It's an expensive hobby and why it can take several months to make progress, and also why many people seek sponsorship. I've heard from 4 Mnpctech customers who were inspired by and replicating this build in some manner. I'm sincerely honored by that, and Thank you for saying hi, and enjoy working on your project!