1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks Mobile broadband PAYG sim?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by veryevil, 1 Nov 2008.

1. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

hey I'm looking at getting mobile internet most probably from three however I want to use an internal card and was wondering if I could just get a three PAYG Sim or if it needed to be a special sim to use the pay as you go mobile broadband

Thanks

2. sandys

sandys Multimodder

no its any three sim you'll need a 3g phone to activate it though probbably.

3. veryevil

veryevil Minimodder

Hey thanks but that doesn't really clear it up.

you think any sim will do but it will need activating?

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

The sim card is not activated when you buy it, normally you make one phonecall with it, they tell you give it 5 mins and its activated, the process is automated though so it might be that a data call would activate it but I've never tried.

Three will offer next to no support when you use there sim in a non 3 branded piece of kit if they don't sell an equivalent, but I've had no problems activating and using mine in Windows CE phones.

5. darklord of chaos

darklord of chaos What's a Dremel?

ok this I know about as I am trying to get rid of my 3 mobile broadband, you need to use their own usb dongle second it is not worth it as surfing the web on my phone ( on 3g) is faster i could count on one hand the number of times I have connected via HSPDA, unless you need it for work or something even then look elsewhere maybe vodaphone.

I would not recomend it. I would rather have root canal without painkillers

6. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Having come from vodafone I can't praise 3s speed and coverage enough, guess it depends on where you live.

Also I don't have any 3 hardware at all and have no trouble.