1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable Mobile Networks - o2 vs Virgin

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by phinix, 13 Dec 2013.

1. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

I have o2 mobile right now, but thinking on swapping to Virgin, got a really good deal for new phone.
    Was wondering what is general opinion on Virgin mobile network?
    When I checked on their website, coverage on my place is good.
    They have Low, Moderate, good, very good and excellent options. When checked o2 I got only Good coverage or no at all. Mine is showing good. So as you can see it's hard to judge what "good" means by Virgin;)

2. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

I am on Virgin but only because I work for them so I get discount on it.

I have found the coverage is pretty good and far better than Orange who I used previously.

I use my phone on a daily basis for streaming music when I drive to and from work and it only stop's when I am on the motorway and it switches from one mast to another.

I streamed also all the way from Warrington to Tonbridge/Surrey and London with no major issues also.

My only issue with them is th excess on the insurance, but since the insurance is free I shouldn't really complain.

3. narwen

narwen narwen

virgin uses the t-mobile network

4. narwen

narwen narwen

Just ignore

Last edited: 13 Dec 2013
  5. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

I have two phones with them one for the ball and chain and myself. We have no hassles with the signal and but the signal much better when we go out of London. I'm with them because I got the whole package via work and I got a nice discount. They have looked after me with any problems or queries i have had as well.