1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Mobile Phone Car Mount

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MadGinga, 2 Oct 2019.

1. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Hi All,

Been looking to get a mount for my phone in the car, do any of you fine folk have any recommendations, or ones to avoid?

Ideally i think i'd like one that mounts to the dash or the windscreen, and if possible has wireless charging, or at least allows me to just slot the phone in and not require me to find the cable dangling somewhere.

I like the look (no clunkly "grips") and apparent practicality of a magnetic system, but have read that this makes the wireless charging a no starter...

Help!

P.S. my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S8

2. Edwards

Edwards Minimodder

Brodit make some of the best holders I've used. They come as two parts; the back plate specific to your car (they usually make two or three different locations you can use per car) and the front specific to your phone, so you have to buy them separately.

3. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

Budget? A RAM mount setup (e.g. X-grip + arm + suction base) will outlast the car and will fit at any bizarre angle you desire, but isn't the cheapest or most sleek. A Quadlock is nice and sleek, and has a wireless charging version, but requires a phone case or to stock an adapter to an existing case (I have the stick-on adapter version and a RAM ball adapter, works well for me).

4. MadGinga

MadGinga oooh whats this do?

Interesting, but as not 100% on where i want the phone to go, might be too specific.

Budget is a good question, the MiL has suggested that as she needs one she would like to get if for me (its my birthday coming up); so cheaper is better. I think all suggestions so far are probably out of her budget.

I really like the look of the Quadlock, and wireless charging as an option is good, as would also allow for mounting on my bike; but price is much higher than i was, tbh, expecting. Probably due to prevalence of uber cheap tat options.

Hmm thinking is required.