1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Mobile phone contracts

Discussion in 'General' started by David, 5 Jan 2021.

1. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Yup, both owned by Telefonica iirc.

2. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

It's definitely something's my to think about when you change networks, where I live 3, we and Vodafone are terrible for signal which is why I have stuck with O2 based networks. People on the other networks either get very low signal quality or nothing at all.

3. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

I sadly had to leave giffgaff cos O2's marginally worse than Vodaphone where we are, and it's a margin that ended up mattering (difference between getting 2FA SMS codes promptly and standing on a chair, waving a phone around, swearing at the ceiling). I miss giffgaff. With Talkmobile now who are...fine, I guess. I just loved giffgaff's flexibility.

On original topic: yes, scumbag services companies being scummy with their contracts is 100% par for the course. I've had arguments, threatening letters and lost money in advertising, rent, telecoms, broadband, insurance and others. It's business. Now I just expect them all to be b******s and I'm never disappointed.

4. sandys

sandys Multimodder

Always worth trialling others every now and again as masts and new tech gets rolled out, I used to get average 3 signal and relied on wifi calling indoors but there have upgrades over the past couple of years and I am considering dropping landline and fibre entirely as mobile broad band is as fast, in fact faster if I could find a cheap 5G hub, 5G is doing ~230Mb vs my fibres 160Mb but I am happy to drop to the ~100Mb 4G in the interim to cut the costs of line rental and internet on something I don't need to use (landline, particularly the unreliable VoIP Sky one through their router) in fact because I am in an extension that blocks all signals from main house I can't even get all that speed anyway until I connect my mobile to my PC in the office and get the max :D

Last edited: 7 Jan 2021
  5. creative

creative 500rwhp

I'm impressed with how contracts are done over here now. you effectively have 2 contracts, one for the service and one for a phone. you can pay the phone off early if you wish without penalty or you can run to the end of the contract and pay no more. On the other hand you can move your service contract to different plans without it affecting the handset costs.