1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education Mobile phone fingerprint scanner

Discussion in 'General' started by Kronos, 10 Aug 2017.

1. Kronos

Kronos Multimodder

And I thought I was daft .lol. :grin::grin:

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Well, yes, any security is going to fail given a wide enough scope.

But given how garbage fingerprint tech in consumer devices is? It's not exactly 'secure' in the way that it's marketed.

iPhones 'TouchID' has been repeatedly tricked and broken.

High-end biometrics may be better, but considering DNA has been used as a means of delivering code to a gene-sequencer that subsequently grants unauthorised access? Ehhh, I'll pass on consumer grade biometrics thanks.

3. kingred

kingred Surfacing sucks!

It is a compromise between security and user experience. Don't entrust super important stuff to your phones fingerprint sensor, like your online banking login etc...

On my pixel my fingerprint sensor is located on the back, where my fingers normally lay. What I would like is more gestural controls on it to scroll, swipe and break apart some of the functions my thumb does. Similar in how you remap the buttons on your mouse so you aren't single clicking everywhere, it will help spread function around your hand so you aren't doing repetitive motion on one digit inviting rsi.