1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mobile Steam Machine being developed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Pistol Puppy, 16 Jun 2014.

1. Pistol Puppy

Pistol Puppy What's a Dremel?

2. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

ok now this is fricken awesome.... i mean they'll probably screw it up by using either crappy hardware, a crap screen, or terrible build quality since mobile devices usually have at least one of those, but if not it'd be fricken awesome to be able to play pc games on something that'd fit in your pocket.

not expecting fantastic quality and ultra settings, but i really hope they put enough power under it's hood to make it work :D

as a side note tho, i'm not really liking the button placement. seems hard to use the right touch pad and the buttons in quick succession which is usually required in fast paced games :/

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

4. ChaosDefinesOrder

ChaosDefinesOrder Vapourmodder

Much like nVidia's Project Shield, the best USP for me would not be to play decent spec games natively by highly spec'ing the handheld, but in being able to stream from a high spec Gaming PC in another room...

Chilling on the couch with one of these streaming from my gaming rig upstairs would be awesome! Don't really care too much about playing the game ON the handheld itself...

A "Steamboy Streamer" like that would be awesome and wouldn't need that much in terms of spec; just something fast enough to receive, decode and display the incoming stream, and encode and send the controls as fast as possible with dual-band n and/or ac. Hell, for that kind of use it doesn't even need to be x86-x64 and could probably be a decent ARM SoC, and the thickness to accommodate the two shoulder buttons would allow for a freaking huge battery...

5. Icy EyeG

Icy EyeG Controlled by Eyebrow Powers™

If you whois their site, apparently it's from Madrid. This is too good to be true. I also wonder if Valve is ok with such similar gamepad controls.

6. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Minimodder

Indeed. I cannot imagine, in this day and age, that a company like Valve wouldn't have patents all over their new controller...er...controls.

Tags: Add Tags