1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards Mobo dilemma for OC a Q6600

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Singularity, 2 Mar 2009.

1. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

I'm trying to find a good mobo to replace the one in my sig. I've gone through countless reviews and now am left with a dilemma between two motherboards:
    Gigabyte EP45-UD3R or MSI P45 NEO2-FIR.
    The chipsets are practically the same, the biggest difference is that the MSI one has CrossfireX support. It is also about 10% cheaper than the Gigabyte one. What I don't know is can I overclock with the MSI one?
    I know the Gigabyte is great for that, but I don't really know about the MSI board.

Which one would you chose? :)

2. Diosjenin

Diosjenin Thinker, Tweaker, Et Cetera

All else being equal (especially price), I'd go with the Gigabyte board. CFX is a nice plus, but let's face it, you're running a single 4850 right now - you're not going CFX anytime soon.

- Diosjenin -

3. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

i'd personally choose Gigabyte as they are experience players in CPU, and trade blows with Asus for best overclocking abilities.

4. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

DFI or Gigabyte, Abit use to be up there with the best of them but there gone now.

Asus and MSI, well MSI seem to be poor overclockers and ASUS have bad quality control issues, alot of there boards end up getting RMA'd.

Gigabyte for easy overclocking, DFI to push the limits of everything!

5. Xtrafresh

Xtrafresh It never hurts to help

gigabyte boards are proven overclockers, most have a pretty stable bios.

i really have no clue about the MSI though. It might be just as good, and if that's the case it would be a waste to go for the GB board with no CF support for more money...

6. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

having had an Asus that died on me and trying to get a return i'll defo be sticking with gigabyte

reliable boards, better customer service

7. Singularity

Singularity ******* Operator from Hell

So that's a pretty much unanimous vote for the Gigabyte one? Ok, thanks... I'll go get one in the next few days. Thanks guys :)

8. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

not thay you really need another Gigabyte recommendation, buuuut you get another one from me.

I have the mobo in my sig and it's been solid as a rock since day one :D