1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Mock medieval battle with foam!

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by ajack, 10 Sep 2007.

1. ajack

ajack rox

Been a while since I've posted in here due to moving. Today I went to Tam-tams, a weekly drumming festival in Montreal and came across a mock battle (also weekly) in the same park. These guys just rock up with their foam weapons and have a bit of a battle. Sometimes it gets a bit carried away but everyone looks like they're having a wicked time. Some people have some awesome costumes too.

Due to dropping my 10-20, I'm now down to only being able to use my 50mm now which is a blessing and a curse I guess. Definitely requires more thought about composition.

(I'm just using a laptop atm which doesn't have the greatest screen on it. The shots look OK on here but I'm not sure how the colours or contrast look on a decent-ish monitor unfortunately)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

1,2 and 8 really work for me! Black and white works well, did you shoot them in colour? Maybe worth some sepia :)

3. OleJ

OleJ Me!

Wow! The contrast is stunning! The levels in your shots look brilliant. So sharp and crisp yet detailed and rich. Which camera and lens did you shoot these with?

4. ajack

ajack rox

Yeah they were all shot in colour, didn't really think about trying sepia actually.

OleJ: All were shot with a 10D and 50mm 1.8

5. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Some nice shots there, I like #3 and #4, they all look like they have a great time though. *jealous*

6. supermonkey

supermonkey Deal with it

AMTGARD!!! Ah, the memories.

I think the black and white versions are much more interesting than the color versions. Pretty nice conversions, and some pretty good shots in there.

-monkey

7. Starfighter

Starfighter What's a Dremel?

Really enjoying #4. He looks quite nicely framed by the darkness in the corners, and conveys a nice feel of the action going on.

Tags: