1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod Gods: more of the best ever PC mods

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 15 Jun 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. faxiij

faxiij Minimodder

I still am so intrigued by those amazing water-"canals" in the trident-mod!

Truly a master of modding. I really respect that much time and dedication invested again and again into what really just is a object getting (ab)used on a daily basis (computer, that is..not the case itself of course).

I tend to mod what I have when I can to make my living environment somewhat (hopefully) cool and stylish so I feel happy. That means all things though, but once. Here a new cable hiding system, there a new monitor-stand and also once every five years a little mod on my pc.

Making so many absolutely impressive cases is just impressive and leaves me a tad jealous. In fact, my first scratch build which I've been meticulously planning for ~2 years already has a lot of Boddaker's mod-pics in my folder that serves for inspiration in planning all the small details.

Here's to one of bit-tech's legends! *bows with hat and drinks a pint*

3. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Minimodder

It is the attention to detail in Neptune Trident that always blew my mind.
    Every last bit of the case has 3 pronged forks, including the fan grills.

It is my favourite mod of all time.

(The others here are incredible too!)

4. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

Neptune is my top 3 mods ever! Like Faxiij said; the amazing water canals. And not to forget the whole build is just perfect. I could not think of anything I do not like about it. It's just oozes brilliancy in every aspect.

5. Unicorn

Unicorn Uniform November India

The word "gods" in the article title doesn't require a capital letter Simon/Anthony ;)

Fantastic article though, I love Brian's work!

6. flibblesan

flibblesan Destroyer

Surely you could had found other excellent mods rather than featuring four by the same person?

7. SuicideNeil

SuicideNeil What's a Dremel?

All in good time^....

8. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

The series is more about the person than the mods so it makes sense to take a look at some of the best projects from one particular person if they've made quite a few like Brian has.

9. Vetalar

Vetalar *learning english*

for jerks like me who never make mod like one of those... brilliant!!! *soaping rope in toilet*

10. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

Love the TF2 projects :) not 100% scratch builds but all the fun stuff is which makes for enjoyable modding & great results with less of the precision needed for all the regular bits. :)

Blackmesa II I didn't know he made a 2nd one :D & getting to do a half life project for Sir Gabe Newell to promote the game is as good as modding gets if your a gamer/modder, definitely a feat to be proud of.
    I'd do that for 2 free games of any value each month for life on steam so I could mod & game without gaming being a constant hole in my pocket. :hehe::rock:

If Brian wasn't worthy of being featured in this then no one else would be & is 1 of the modders I originally got inspired to get into this awesome interest when browsing TBCS before I started, he's done much more projects than I know of, even just lately I only just caught a project or 2 with his name on them but the logs are already done earlier due to NDA for commissioned builds I think so they easily get missed when posted. :)

I always see innovation in his projects in some form also as well as perfection & a perfectly coordinated theme, that teaching aid he invented for the Lenovo competition totally shows he is a really high level modder who is very inventive, I can picture a company spending millions to come up with something like that but this guy is a genius & I'm sure it would have cost a fair bit but nothing like what a company would have pumped into something like that.

Perfect modder who digs deep in the mind to pull some of his ideas out. :clap: Shown a full spectrum of awesomeness from something fun for kids to educational stuff to big kids who like fun things as well as amazing & sophisticated. :D I like inventiveness & full blown creativity in modding a lot, Brian would have been 1 of my first choices in this series. :D

Plus I can't recall anyone else making it to the front page of Custom PC mag ever but having said that I've only been a reader for a couple of years, not even Attila to my surprise, I really do think if they did that more often with some of the masterpieces that roll through bit-tech it would make people see the words Custom PC & an amazing custom pc on the cover & want to buy it, suppose custom pc has a different meaning to most & just means buying components to make a good spec system, maybe it should be called "Upgrade pc" lol, not a dig, just my point of view, when someone says they have a custom pc I picture a custom pc like something in this series, not just a chosen parts upgraded system or an overclock bundle from a shop placed inside a stock case which is the most basic form of a custom pc. :D

11. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

The overlays on the forum are becoming a bit irritating. :eyebrow:

Seem to have to click everything twice before it responds & had DNS poisoning attacks coming while on bit-tech. :(

Something is wrong.

I sure don't have a problem with bit-tech advertising to keep money coming in but don't let it screw up the forum or the main site, too damn good to let that happen.

12. fluxtatic

fluxtatic What's a Dremel?

After I last saw mention of this, I tried to get popups to show up here. No matter what, though, I got nothing. Maybe you need Opera :D

OT, though, Neptune's Trident was, as I recall, one of the first project logs I saw here. Set the bar nicely high for what was to follow :)

13. Boddaker

Boddaker Still hangin around

Holy crap! I was totally NOT expecting this at all! I just happened to stumble on to this feature article when I noticed a small thumbnail of Mystique next to the title lol. Thank you guys for the kind words, and thank you Antony & Bit-Tech for the awesome writeup. I've been so busy lately I haven't had much time to visit the forums much, but I'll be back with a new project soon enough! :) Cheers!

14. Waynio

Waynio Relaxing

:hehe: Only just noticed, wow you must be busy. :D:clap: You even already have your godly trident weapon. :D

I truly need an instant sub feature for modders who do projects in the blink of an eye & often, think I've missed a few of your projects.

Think thechoozen should be in the series also, crazy amount of awesome projects they have done & still juggling projects & always adding new skills & perfecting them. :D

Of course there are plenty more, more names than I can shake a dremel at. :lol:

Tags: Add Tags