1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Month - August 2008

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 31 Aug 2008.

?

bit-tech August 08 MOTM!

1. Case from Alu and Perspex

8.2%
  2. C&C GDI War Factory

27.6%
  3. Tachikoma

22.4%
  4. Heaven & Hell

27.6%
  5. METO V.3 - DnA

14.1%
  1. paulwebber

paulwebber What's a Dremel?

im sorry but ive just joined this and read through all your comments and i agree with u all, obviously you dont want polls to be rigged by people getting mates to vote for them etc. but at the end of the day this is bringing new people to the community, and will encourage the growth of this whole site. which is what u all want??? forgive me if im wrong but all i see is alot or sore losers making excuses?

2. paulwebber

and to add to that when a new user joins and reads about all vote rigging and people 'cheating' its not a good advert for you guys and is just gonna encourage people to leave! i think you all should just get on with whatever it is you all do and just be honoured that you are all very skilled and intellegent people and that you are all winners in what you do. you should all hang your heads high with pride that you will never get screwed over at comet like 99% of the rest of the general public!!!!!!

3. paulwebber

if everyone did this then it wouldnt make a difference because everyone has mates!! and im sure everyone does it in every competition everywhere! and to be the 'coolest', surely is the thing to be in the current markets?? for example clothing, shoes, etc. you buy those shoes because you think there cool aswel as being fit for purpose.!!

4. joedredd

joedredd What's a Dremel?

New to this forum and the rigs look excellent just wish I could vote......mind you there is always next month ;-)

5. spoon.uk

spoon.uk Frag Me Bitch!

Look at your sig mate, I could say that its not allowed? There is absolutely no difference between your sig and asking people to vote for someone.

And please don't point out that Chris is someone else friend just because you've wrote few posts in WCuk forums.

On topic

Like someone mention already, what everyone prefers - no votes and closed competition or like +30 new users?

6. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

Ummm no my sig is not telling people to spam so they can vote.....

7. Phoenixdancer

Phoenixdancer What's a Dremel?

H&H!!!!!! :clap:

8. dbruguera

dbruguera What's a Dremel?

lol!1

i voted for a mod that i liked. and ur saying that pre registered users havent voted for a freind rather than a mod?

i wanted to show my support after following this build on oc3d

9. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

We will decide whether a sig is appropriate or not.

As for the no vote and a closed competition comment, the voting is open to 30,000 current members.

We always welcome new members, however feel it's inappropriate for new members to spam the forum (often contributing whilst doing so) for the sole purpose of rigging a competition to win some hardware. New members will have the ability to vote in future competitions once they have reached a specified post count and have been a member of the forum for a specified period.
    The right to vote may be revoked at the discretion of the moderators and admin if deemed necessary.

10. mayhem

mayhem Owner of Mayhems

all the mods are stunning. Glad i cannot vote id be a bit bias atm but my god some of the skills used are just astonding. Well done all.

11. x06jsp

Exactly as i was thinking (in regards to the closed competition...) this site is big enough to allow just members to vote....

12. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

I cannot add much more than has already been said to this subtly-heated discussion that seems to creep up each month that goes around, but in my personal experience I have been fortunate and honored enough to be in two of these comps so far with the three new project logs I've posted since I've been a member due to the kindness of these great forums and the Bit-Tech staff in general. I never won any of those, but I can also admit I honestly have not had one friend sign up just to vote for me nor have I voted either. Many who know me IRL don't even know I'm on these forums! It's just fun to be involved more than anything else, and as I stated it's an honor just to be nominated. As a voter, I vote based on quality of work more than anything else. Not necessarily based on personal like or dislike. I just try to render a fair judgment of the mods or scratchbuilds presented. But I digress. :)

Edit: Congrats to milotic858!!

13. x06jsp

*in a loud booming happy voice* Here here :D

14. p0Pe

p0Pe gief cake?

not sure where your heading with that^^

gratz to the winner!:clap:

15. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I made my vote, I pushed my favorite. White, Black, Yellow, Green(can a frog mod?)., Male, Female, I don't care. This was my choice.

Milotic858 did this from a couple od screen captures of a game. This is goodness. And talent.
    John

Tags: Add Tags