1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Month - July 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 30 Jul 2007.

?

Who should win Mod of the Month for July 2007?

Poll closed 9 Aug 2007.
  1. "Endorphin" by DAE_JA_VOO

14.5%
  2. "Skyscraper" Photo PC by slipperyskip

15.5%
  3. "Impossible" Modding by rigormortem

29.1%
  4. "Gearbox" by THEkorean

11.8%
  5. "ATX Cube Case" by Dean MF

7.3%
  6. "Apple Core Duo" by Cyprio

21.8%
  1. Rothwang

Rothwang I know Dremel

I vote for Rigormortem! It's a mysterious path of modding.... :confused:

2. SPQQKY

SPQQKY Evil Modder

I chose ATX Cube Case. It's the only one that is being built from the ground up. Plus it's his first go at it.
    All the mods are fantastic though, really hard to choose. Hats off to all in this months line up. :thumb:

3. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

I was reading over my section of the mod-of-the-month page and this part keeps making me smile when I think of it:

LOL :hehe: :hehe: :hehe: I love that part! :D

Thanks again bit-tech!

4. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Thanx for the vote of confidence SpQQky!

5. picio71

picio71 What's a Dremel?

vote for ...............:naughty:

6. DrFreeze

DrFreeze What's a Dremel?

yeah, i saw that when i double checked the pics after posting, must be that im a tad distracted with my own SLI thing im working on. Ive got one 6600GT lying around right now, and a second one waiting for me to pick it up at the post office. purely for shits and giggles of course, since i do have an 8800in the main machine :D

and to add to that, those Legend 7600GTs look EXACTLY like Palit 6600GTs sold over here, once you swap the legend sticker for a palit one, same pcb, same cooling etc..

7. DAE_JA_VOO

DAE_JA_VOO What's a Dremel?

I'm curious about something regarding this competition. Mods please note ;)

Do the votes of new members count? I posted in a forum in south africa about me being in the mod of the month, and a couple of guys created accounts here and voted for me.

I also noticed that rigormortem has votes from 9 people that joined yesterday or today. So in all essence, i could go to 20 forums and tell everyone to sign up and vote for me, and by this afternoon i could have a HELL of a lot of votes. I dont think this is fair though.... (no offense of course, rigormortem, i'm just using your votes as an example, i knew it would be easier to find new members where there are many votes ;) )

So what i'm asking is, do the members that joined to vote even count in the vote?

8. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

That's just the nature of these kind of contests. Unfortunately, they always boil down to popularity contests vice contests based on merit. There is nothing you can do about it.

bit-tech.net loves having new members sign up, regardless of the reason, so they aren't motivated to restrict that.

Just sit back, enjoy the show and don't worry about it.

Good luck to you all! Peace.

9. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

We have just had a meeting about this very issue. We are going to be implementing some anti-fraud measures across all forum based voting compeitions. More information on what we will be doing will be posted once we have worked out the details.

10. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

Cool :thumb:

11. Lupo_IM

Lupo_IM ItaliaModding staff

voted for my brother!!! Let's go Rigor!!! :D

12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Actually, you're wrong on the second part :)

We open up voting to the community so you all feel more involvement. Would you rather we just picked the winner? We've been working behind the scenes to try to encourage the community votes rather than just newbies, because we are offering good prizes so want it as fair as absolutely possible. Obviously, you can't restrict the motivations for voting: whether it's on merit of technicality or looks etc.

We might implement a minimum post count, that way we can check for spam and genuine members votes rather than a gaming/canvassing approach. We'll then go through all the voters this month and discount those who fail to meet the minimum requirements.

13. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

I'm too old to be that naive. There is nothing wrong with your site recruiting new members this way. Ask your sponsors if they care one way or the other.

Are you going to say that the guy's brother signing up to vote is considered fraud? Let's get real.

14. Dean MF

Dean MF PC Freak!

My mom asked me about the exact same thing last night, she wanted to know if I want them to register and vote for my case. I decided not to go that route, as I felt it was a bit dishonest. But, I wouldnt call it fraud though.

Regardless of the outcome of the votes, I am still honored to be mentioned in the list of mod of the month.

15. Lupo_IM

Lupo_IM ItaliaModding staff

oooops... I'm not the real brother of Rigor, I'm a friend, and I'm in the staff of IM with him, I was registered on bit-tech, but I've lost the password, so I registered again to vote his mod... I'm sorry for the misunderstanding...

I always read this forum without logging or writing, and I'm a modder... I think that my vote is valid... :D

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

No, I'm saying you're old enough to be very cynical :p but the insinuation that we don't want to do anything about it is very harsh and unjustified imo. We've spent a few hours last night and some this morning discussing the best course of action between staff and mods. We want the best for the community and regular members, because if people don't respect the mechanisms you put in place then no-one will come to vote and what's the point.

Our sponsors like ACRyan (for example) share the same thoughts, this is why they've been a supporter of our modding for so long, and continue to be: because we aim to do things as properly as is feasibly possible.

17. Tim S

Tim S OG

How the competitions are run is nothing to do with the sponsors or us going on a recruitment drive. As someone that came from being a normal member of the community in 2001 to actually running the site's editorial direction today, I'd rather it was the community that chose the winner. The community is a very important part of bit-tech and we're working to prevent people signing up just to vote for their mate and then to never contribute to the site ever again. :)

We've just made an announcement here and will be removing votes from this poll that don't meet the requirements. To those new members that have genuinely signed up to vote, please stick around and contribute to the community and you'll be able to place your vote again.

18. jegerjon

jegerjon What's a Dremel?

:thumb: Great idea. I think that between 15 and 30 post's, OR (maybe) 2month or old account, would help about this problem.
    Those mod of the month competitions are a very good idea though! It would be sad to destroy the fairness in those. Keep it up bit-tech!

19. slipperyskip

slipperyskip Member

My two cents (pence?) worth....

Have your members nominate all the entries and then have bit-tech weed them out and judge the contest. Have a lobby forum where modders can argue their "case" - pun intended - and other members can participate in trying to sway the judges vote. "This is why XXXXX should win."

IMHO it would make for a fair contest that generates much better discussion and participation. Give a modder an opportunity and a reason to brag about their work instead of trying to be humble all the time. You can't tell me that bit-tech judges wouldn't be swayed by decisive argument.

Again...my 2P worth.

20. Domy90

Domy90 What's a Dremel?

Good morning to all the members of Bit-tech: compliments for your fantastic forum and site. I follow you since 2 years and I love the registred members. I prefer the italian works, because i'm an italian modder, too. I have voted for Rigormortem, a friend and a wonderful man before and a fantastic modder after. My mods (Red-Project and Tribal Dragon Mod) you are able to see on www.hwupgrade.it, www.italiamodding.it and www.crazydogteam.it! I hope to wright soon in this forum for the ability of the members in this place. Nice to meet you!

Tags: Add Tags