1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Month - May 2008

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 31 May 2008.

?

Who should win Mod of the Month May 2008?

Poll closed 15 Jun 2008.
  1. HEPHÆSTUS by Yemerich

24.6%
  2. Tiny HTPC by ichessblumen

43.9%
  3. Claudia Unit by Filimon

11.1%
  4. GraniteCase by pieterveenstra

18.1%
  5. L3 by ModimusPrime

2.3%
  1. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Absolutely. That would make things easier for the people with short attention-spans that do not feel it necessary to spend a few minutes to read a bloody worklog. That gets under my skin. Read the damn logs, ya buncha noobs! :p

Someone's case which was just started, so it's not too far along against a spit-and-polished beaut of a finished case does seem unfair.

Finished against finished would make sense. I also kind of wish there were MOD of the Month as well as a SCRATCH-BUILD of the Month competitions, because technically a scratch-build isn't a "mod", as in modification of a stock product. But I digress.

2. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Also agreed - I've seen a few mods that started out looking like they'd be great but ...., and others that looked only OK turned out to be awesome by the time they were done.

As for splitting mods and scratch builds; I would like that but it might be trickier than it sounds: there are quite a few mods that straddle both categories. It's been pointed out that we have only one true "mod" in this contest (L3 by ModimusPrime) and I agree true but what if pieterveenstra had glued his granite to an existing case? - would it then be a "true mod" too? - It wouldn't look any different from the outside.

Perhaps we need another thread in which to discuss such a split?

3. Attila

Attila still thinking....

This would add to complexity., also I've seen plenty of case "mods" that can hold their own against any "scratch build".
    But I think a side benefit of having only finished cases in the MOTM is that if you look over the past couple of months
    there is seldom more than a handful of completed cases every month, so this means that virtually all mods can be included
    in the comp.Let the readers sort out the best cases instead of a handful of Bit-Tech staff.

4. cleantomac

cleantomac ;)

HEPHÆSTUS by Yemerich
    e os brazuca aki :clap:
    erick vc manda bem d+ mano
    parabens....

Tags: Add Tags