1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Mod of the Year 2007

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Dec 2007.

1. Slink

Slink B7

Althought there's a load of REALLY good designs on show this year, i've had to go for Lumina by design_master.
    He's managed to keep the feel of the case but got a lot of work in there to make it unique, it stands out but it's not in your face, Real nice touches here and there so this one gets my vote. Closely followed by the big tetris thing.

Well done guys you've all done well.

2. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

Hangar 101 by SleepStreamer or FutureNe[]n by sethnmalice........ both are beautiful.....

in the end I voted for Hangar 101

Alan

3. Duste

Duste Sierra my delta, bravo!

LUMINA without a doubt.

4. dragontail

dragontail 5bet Bluffer

Grr, this is always a difficult one...

5. c0d3_z3r0

c0d3_z3r0 What's a Dremel?

I liked Yuugou by Greensabbath, it's very clean, and the finish on the wood looks very good.

6. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

+ 1

It's a beautiful piece of art.

I'm not a big fan of acrylic that looks like something from pre Christian Bale Batman, so although I can appreciate the others in a technical and craftsmanship sense, they aren't quite my cup 'o tea.

7. Thacrudd

Thacrudd Where's the any key?!?

I second that! :thumb:That would be a great way to raise money for charity or for more prizes for runners up and things. I think thats a splendid thought and really should be taken into consideration. Good luck to you all I am very proud of your work!:rock:

8. ssR

ssR Carbon God

Yuugou period.

9. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Even though there are several great mods here my vote was decided many months ago. When I first saw Hanger 101 I thought it was "Mod of the Year" quality. I still do.

Congrats to all finalists. :clap: Thanks for sharing your excellent work with us. :thumb:

10. lost_r0nin

lost_r0nin What's a Dremel?

These are all truly top-notch mods. Congratulations to all the finalists on the amazing work. You all deserve to win, but I have to give my vote to 'Beyond the Grave'. That mod is the one that made me finally get into modding instead of just watching everybody else have the fun.

I'm with capnPedro here, a calander of these mods would be amazing and a great way to raise some money.

11. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

"OCZ DDR3 PC3-10666 Platinum Edition and XTC cooler"
    WOW, that's a really fast mem!

I love acrylic so there's two for me: Beyond Grave and Lumina. Tought decision...
    But i'll cast my vote to Lumina because it's more sexy. <<-- Did i just said "sexy"? ooooOooo god.. I am such a nerd... hehehehhe

12. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Yes, I can see a Bit-Tech calendar featuring the mod of the year finalists with key features of the mods pointed out by booth babes.

More to the point: This is really difficult to choose. All the finalists are truly worthy of the title, although only one will. I shall have to mull this over a day or two I think after perusing the worklogs once more.

13. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

:hehe::hehe:
    Thanks, but I'm not ready for this. I would have been KIIIILLED! I forgot how many super-slick cases were completed this year, and I haven't been featured yet. I need to do a LOT more work.:hehe:

-As for that callendar... Why can't it have mods and boobies?
    Edit: Sirocco beat me to it.

14. FooSai

FooSai What's a Dremel?

Tough choice between Lumina, Hangar 101 and Yuuggo, all so great yet so different. Lumina gets my vote because that case is absolutely gorgeous.

15. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I vote for Nakamura this year.

DO you want me to run odds again Tim?

16. werty316

werty316 What's a Dremel?

This is a tough one.

17. x06jsp

x06jsp da ginger monkey!!!!

yuugou Cheesecake!!! lol greensabbath is awesome and as he knows im designing and building a table in the style of some of his work! it will be a project log up int the forums very soon!

18. sushrukh

sushrukh What's a Dremel?

I wanna vote for Hangar 101 by SleepStreamer because I really loved the Sci-Fi design of the mod.I've actually liked all of the mods but have chosen one which I liked the most.Great job guyz. :)

19. jodah175

jodah175 Wannabe Modder

i voted for the Pentagram HTPC. very cool in my eyes. but all of them are pretty wicked mods.

edit: at least i think i voted for Pentagram HTPC. geeze, now i can't remember! lolz. thats really, really bad.

20. Primoz

Primoz What's a Dremel?

Damn, such a hard choice. All are good, but none of them really strike out. There are no Weapons of Mass Destruction or Orac3. SO i choose Yuugou. A really clean mod. Stands out the most :)

Tags: Add Tags