1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Mod of the Year - and the winner is...

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 2 Jan 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

that would be telling ;)

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Congrats to G69T, he deserves to win. Can't wait to see what project he will think up next.

3. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

When I read "the winner is......"

....OMG, it's incredible! :eeek: :eeek: :eeek:

Dark Blade Mod of the Year 2006!

I would like to thanks everybody for your preferences and my congratulations to all the others fantastic mods. Thanks to Bit-Tech and AC Ryan for this great opportunity.

Gianluca

4. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

first gratz to G69T, well deserved
    secondly, stop splitting hairs does it really matter what the difference between "mod" and "scratch build" is, i thought it was meant to be about quality of work, dedication, style and the like

5. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

Well it would be handy, there's so many comments on the log that it takes ages to read through.

6. Snakez

Snakez What's a Dremel?

Congratulations :clap:
    What a mod , the rest was very impressive too.
    They all :rock: BIG TIME

7. walle

walle Minimodder

Congratulations

8. Lord Kordir

Lord Kordir What's a Dremel?

I realise that has already been discussed in a previous thread but that is entirely my point; scratch build and mods are two different things although they ultimately have the same purpose. I didn't mean to be pedantic though, lol.

By the way :thumb: Great work G69T, I followed that worklog pretty closely and am in awe. Can't wait for your next project.

9. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

This was clearly the winnar from the start.

10. Noni

Noni What's a Dremel?

Wicked mod and design, but as far as workmanship goes, the machine did it all.

Great design and ideas.

11. JayWolf×

JayWolf× What's a Dremel?

Congrats

Congrats G69T :thumb: Dark Blade is a masterpiece! As for workmanship, I do believe you deserve the recognition, as I myself, even with your tools could not have brought the vision to reality as you have. Again Congrats to you and to all the mods considered. Dark Blade is a true work of art.

Jay Wolf×

12. feldm4n

feldm4n What's a Dremel?

Congrats on the win man! The minute i saw what i was running up against i knew i had no chance but that is ok with me. I have been watching your mod from start to finish since last year. I really love the reservoirs, and the spine looking work on the back. Man oh man you deserved it for sure. I really admire all the hard work you put into your mod as it has ALWAYS been one of my favorite logs to show friends and family. Cant wait to see what you come up with next. :dremel:

13. feldm4n

feldm4n What's a Dremel?

I hate people who go out of their way to say something that takes away from the glory of winning. Sure the machine cut the pieces but they didn't magically piece themselves together. The CAD didn't just write itself either. The modders who read these comments sometimes get bummed out by negative feedback like that. He worked his but off for over a year on this project and it turned out BEAUTIFUL. Take it for face value and stop being a sarcastic human being.

14. G69T

G69T CNC Modder

Thanks to all of you!

See you soon to the next work log. :dremel:

15. Tim S

Tim S OG

:naughty:

16. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

It was one of the few Project logs I followed, normally I dont bother but that one was amazing.

17. mrgreen

mrgreen What's a Dremel?

Hi - I don't post much but I read bit-tech all of the time. Just wanted to say Dark Blade was the project that led me to Bit-Tech and it got me to want to get into modding.

One day I did a google search for best pc case ever. That led me to an article about Dark Blade which led me to Bit-Tech and its modding forums. One of my favorite forums out there.

I personally don’t think scratch builds and mods should be separated. Everyone starts with the "idea" of the standard case (and the standard computer parts in it), and mods (in their mind) that idea into another idea. How that idea becomes form is not as important as the creative vision.

The only thing I would consider cheating would be if the final result was not a working computer.

18. EdOBeA

EdOBeA What's a Dremel?

Congratulations! :clap: Well deserved

19. Snafu-X-

Snafu-X- What's a Dremel?

Congrats to everyone who was nominated, as a group, you raised the bar for modding, yet again.

And a special congrats for the winning case, by G69T, masterfully done!

20. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

Yes, well done, although that bar is continually getting further out of my reach...

Tags: Add Tags