A friend and I always end up organizing LAN parties for fun, one problem we had though was that it was a pain figuring out the system of routers and switches for even 14 people when each switch/router only has around 4-6 ports. Also this came about because we just wanted one, hehe. But in any case we bought a 48 port Enterasys 10/100 switch off ebay. Apparently at some point it had been dropped which broke a fan and put a dent in the side, also something was only causing it to run at 10 mbs. So we got it for $60 shipped, you can buy this switch new for $2000 (Or so I am told). After spending some time on the phone with Enterasys tech support my friend fixed the firmware and updated it which fixed the 10 mbs problem, so now its fully 10/100. Then we ordered some new fans for it. While we were looking at how to install the fan we were really noticing how badly scratched and chipped the paint was on it and thought it could be fun to mod the switch. The rest as you will soon see, is history. Unfortunately we kinda forgot to take a "before" picture, be we can hope right into the modding Here is the unit just after sand blasting: The top panel masked off with the window pattern drawn on after I have begun to cut it out: Tada! the completely cut out window: If you look at the top-left corner of my cut, you can see I had a goof, I started to cut the corner to wide, luckily it was not a deep cut and I delt with it later. While I was cutting out the window, my friend was working on wiring up the interior case lighting. The switch power supply doesn't provide 12v, so we had to base everything off of 5v. The power supply: After adding in a molex connector: Him soldering in the LED's One completed strand: The base of the unit with its first coat of primer: The back of the front-panel with its first coat of primer (yeah I forgot about that goof up with the cut before I primed both sides of it) Right about now is when I realized that I had primed the door without filling in the cut. So I wire brushed off the paint over the cut, and filled it with a bondo like substance. After sanding the bondo down, and two more coats of primer it was ready for its final color: Here is the case after its final coat: And my camera doesnt do the paint job justice, it looks much better in person, I think the best picture I got of the paint came when I was doing test paint jobs with a piece of scrap metal: In that picture you can see that it is a deep red, but also has a nice shine to it. After applying a clear coat and letting it set for a day or so, I cut the acrylic to the final size (used a scroll saw w/ masking tape over the lines works EXCELLENT, the masking tape seems to lubricate the blade and it doesn't melt back together behind the blade) And here are a couple finished pictures of everything back together in the case: And even after all this we are still not completely finished with it. It still needs something for the front of the case to cover up the expansion slots we will not be using (at $300 a pop, we could never afford it), and we also are thinking about somehow incorporating an off the shelf wireless router into it somehow, but have not decided quite yet how that is going to be done.