7th May Update - Emergency Surgery and Rehab. I've had my ASUS Striker II NSE for almost 2 months now. After a few teething problems with RAM refusing to play ball at non native speeds and a near catastrophy with a bios update, I'd finally got her running my Q6600 at a nice stable 3.4. I had got it stable at 3.5, but only had air cooling and it got too hot for my liking and the Northbridge was getting extremely toasty. I bought a QX6850 off the market place for an extremely reasonable price (thanks Teezlebub!), but before I started on overclocking it I wanted to get both the CPU and Northbridge under water. This motherboard comes with a 'Fusion Block' on the northbridge, which has an intergrated water block in the heatsink. I remebered seeing a mod where someone had put a small res in the loop of a Corsair H60, so i thought why not do that and include the NB in the loop too? I mean, you can pick up an Antec 620 new for £40 and you get a rad, pump and cpu block! Fortunately for me Parge had one up on the marketplace for £30 and i snapped it up in a jiffy, then went to Aquatuning for the parts needed for modding it. 1m Alphacool tubing AlphaTube HF 13/10 (3/8"ID) - Schwarz Alphacool Cape Corp AGB2 black Rev. 2 EK Water Blocks EK-Ekoolant CLEAR premix 1000ml 3 x 10mm (3/8") barbed fitting G1/4 with O-Ring (High-Flow) 6 x hose clamp 12 - 20mm steel zinc coated (these turned out to be mahoooosive and i used the smaller ones in the pic that came with the board) So, using wire cutters i chopped the 620's pipe open and drained the fluid out. in doing so, I thought the pipe was rather thick and once i taken them all off my fears prooved right. The barbs on the block and rad were tiny! I sat and thought. And swore and thought some more. Then threw in some words which not even i know where i learned them! I'd cut the pipes off just after the barbs on the rad and sitting there staring at it, it hit me put the pipe i'd bought OVER the original pipe.... It was a light fit but all the better! So a few snips later the rad and block were ready to go! Next up was the reservoir, which i'd wanted to mount on the underside of the roof before i'd even looked at what was available. And not because it was the only place i had where one would go I turned my case upside down, swore a bit more as my dvd drive came crashing down, then drew round where i wanted the res to go. Then using the highly scientific method of 'that looks about right' drilled the hole for the M3 bolt required for securing it. Now unfortunately this is where my camera decided to eat the brand new batteries i'd put in it, so i don't have any more pictures but i'll try and use words as me good can. Now the M3 bolt, M3 bolt, M...3....... hmmmm. where is it? Not in the box the res came in, or in the protective bag or the zip bag with the hole cover. A quick check online revealed it didn't come with one so to my screw tin i went and the best thing i had was a motherboard standoff with a rather long thread. The roof of my antec P182 has a good 3mm of plastic on top of the metal for sound proofing, which prevented the thread of the standoff from coming through very far. To get past this I used a countersink drill bit to remove alot of the plastic around the whole, which came off quite easily just rolling the bit between my finger and thumb. I put the motherboard with block on, rad and res in the case so i could easily measure and cut the pipe. Once I had lengths for all the connections, I took them out again and build the loop outside the case. Getting the pipe over the barb+original pipe section on the rad and block was a bit of a struggle, but after stretching the ends a little (using needle nose pliers on the inside and opening them) they were on! With the motherboard suspended across a couple of piles of books, facing down to prevent damage from any leaks, i dangeled the ends to be connected to the res in a small bowel with some of the coolant in and turned it on. It worked! No leaks after 10 minutes of running. With that i drained the loop, installed it into my case and hooked up the res. By that time it was 2am and i needed sleep, so filling it up again would have to wait. When it came to filling it, it didn't seem to be as eager to draw the coolant into the loop as when i had the ends just dangling in the bowl. Why wouldn't the dam thing suck! Suck god dam you!!! But just which end was sucking and which one blows? (quiet in the back there, stop that laughing!) In my rush to get it done i hadn't checked! I'd posted a thread enquiring if anyone new of the flow direction and someone said they'd modded a few Corsair coolers and considering they're all made by Asetek, I presumed they'd be the same. So i took the res out of the loop, dangled what i thought was the inlet in some coolant and the other end over a bowl. And nothing. Then after switching them round it chugged the coolant like an alcoholic chugs spcial brew. A minor adjustment was needed in the pipe routing, but only one snip of the cutters was required to get it orientated correctly. To fill it i used a spare section of hose and the spare barb in the thread thats on the opposite side to the 2 i'm using, shoving a funnel in the pipe and pouring little by little till mi could hear it was backing up. Turn it on for a sec then off again. Pour a bit more, turn on, turn off etc, till there was no longer a gargling coming from it and i was sure it was flowing round nicely. And there you have it! If you want to get your nv or vrm on water and have a closed loop cooler like this, give it a go, you won't regret it.