1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding Archives Info repository

Discussion in 'Modding' started by thinguy, 29 May 2004.

1. thinguy

thinguy What's a Dremel?

A few weeks ago I posted a inquiry in the general discussions area about this and got a cool response. Well I had some time, some spare web space and a enom account so I figured a picture (or the real thing) is worth more than just words.

http://www.modchives.com Is a site I just put together with the hopes of gathering useful mod info.
    Look at the Web-Links link on the right menu
    This is not meant to be any kind of replacement to any forums or communities. Just help save time and searching frustration by find a handy logical (you judge) place to find, update, and help maintain, useful mod information.

For Example. Say someone wants to know how to put a window in a hard drive. Doing a search comes up with all kinds of topics.
    What I'm suggesting is a link archive where it's right there in simple menu. Just drill down a couple of levels and find 1,2,3 or as many examples as the mod community can fill that catagory.

On the site if setup a simple poll to get information and feedback on general usefullness and design.

Thanks

2. jaguarking11

jaguarking11 Peterbilt-strong

Nice site. bookmarked. Just get some stuff in there cuz its totaly empty.

3. thinguy

thinguy What's a Dremel?

Yes, I have some content and info that I've gathered but my hope is the mod commune will help by adding links themselves. A many eyes are better than 2

I know it sounds like I'm asking you to build my site for me but, like I said this is not meant to be a revenue stream of any kind for me and it is NOT meant to compete with any of the forums already very well done in the mod commune.

Please participate, critique, add links.
    Thanks

4. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

:)

I really like the idea, but you really need to give it a kick start - some examples will help people know what to add etc.

Let us know when you have...

5. thinguy

thinguy What's a Dremel?

Ok I've put in about a dozen quick ones so far that I have from bookmarks myself. Just a start but it will give an idea.

I'm also putting out a request for people to add their own or email me with links if don't want to add them yourself. admin[nojunk]@modchives.com anything you feel should be included on the site. I'll also accept files if you have them.

Thanks

6. Sniper-X

Sniper-X What's a Dremel?

:rock: very nice idea ill add a couple of links in the morning :clap:

**EDIT** :clap: :clap: woot 69th post :rock: :rock: **edit**

7. thinguy

thinguy What's a Dremel?

Hey Jazzle I noticed your sig with the sketchup components.

Would it be a benefit to have these a download section on my site?

Everyonese thoughts?

8. jezmck

jezmck Minimodder

yeah (have replied there too).
    mail me if you want to talk about it...