1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Electronics modding "disposable" video camera

Discussion in 'Modding' started by star882, 10 Jul 2005.

1. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

2. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

I just made a USB cable for it by following directions on some camera modding sites. I plugged it into my PC, started USBview, and the camera was recognized! Anyone know what kernel module I need to load and/or program to install for it to work?

3. chopsuwe

chopsuwe What's a Dremel?

When they come out here in about three years time I'll definately have a look.

4. Variance

Variance What's a Dremel?

Star,
    Nothing exists yet to actually interface the with camera. A driver needs to be written, and that requires dumping the flash ROM of the camera and sorting out how to write said driver. It's currently being worked on, but it's turning out not to be as easy as the disposable digital camera. The flash dump took over 6 hours alone.

5. star882

star882 What's a Dremel?

Where can I download a flash dump? I'd like to try to help out.

6. Variance

Variance What's a Dremel?

Well, I got that information form one of the Hack A Day podcasts, so you could ask the guys over there. Also, camerahacking.com, which you posted yourself, is probably one of your best resources. Try checking out the development section, you might find the flash dump, etc. there.