1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding ideas

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Synay, 25 Oct 2009.

1. Synay

Synay New Member

Hi.

I'm quite new to modding and hence I will be asking now for ideas. I know what to do on the inside, but the case is what I have no ideas about. Let me give you the picture of the inside. For some time I was running very cheap rig containing of Intel 1500 celeron, 2GB of OCZ DDR26400 RAM and XFX 9500GT GPU. I'm almost done with gathering the money for a massive overhaul. What I've done so far is:

1. Change the case to Antec P180 mini black (I want to be within mATX format);
    2. Fitted Corsair HX 850W ATX Modular PSU
    3 Fitted Corsair H50 watercooling kit.
    4. Fitted Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB SATA-II HDD

My next move will be to fit:

1. Intel Core i7 920 D0 Stepping CPU
    2. Asus Rampage II Gene Intel X58 motherboard
    3. Corsair Dominator 6GB (3x2GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C8 RAM
    4. EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Co-Op Cheesecake GPU

After that I will fit Icy Box IB-553SSK 3-Bay HDD cage at the bottom two 5.25 bays and complete it with another two above mentioned Western Digital HDDs., Fan on watercooling kit will be changed, two default HDD cages will be removed from the front and two intake 120mm fans will be added. Top 200mm fan will remain as I find it quiet enough on minimal setting and very efficient on other ones.

Uh, Lots of work.

Then I'll be to modify the case itself. And here's the question: what would you do with it? Budged is not all that important but be reasonable :)

My project is to show that you can make small PC that will be very powerful and still have the wow factor. Requirements are: that it must be reasonably quiet, as I never turn off the computer (apart from occasional restarts), I run folding@home for Custom PC team almost all the time (that include nights - I sleep in the same room as my PC is).

Thanks for the ideas guys/girls.

Last edited: 26 Oct 2009