1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Modding Mass Brainstorm All Ideas Welcome (AND NEEDED)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Slick13, 30 Mar 2004.

1. tmod

tmod What's a Dremel?

Well if you're running 2 watercooling systems, then have one colored and one clear, and have some tubing from the colored one go right through the res for the clear one. :naughty:

2. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

no it dosent grab the cd with an arm, the cd tray opens and slides under the cd, which it then pulls into the drive, its not as complex as what u are thinking, because the drive already has its own nifty built in arm called a tray

the one servo u need is for controlling the elevation of cd drive (going to the right cd slot)

3. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

well the idea is to have a prommy mach2 running purely for the processor and then do a separate water cooling system for the graphics card, hdds, and the ram possibly along with some funky little gizmos and gadgets to spice the whole system up

4. Splynncryth

Splynncryth 0x665E3FF6,0x46CC,...

don't forget to do some cooling for the mosfets. This will keep their outputs stable, and increse the system's reliability.

5. Stormtrooper

Stormtrooper Shh...

You could build a small peltier cooler, with dual fans and heatsinks of course (do a search, I know the tubby threas uses a peltier fridge)...
    And insulate two consecutive drive slots in your computer with something thin, which acts as a good thermal insulator. The rear of the drive cage would have to have insulation and something rigid attached, with the peltier device mounted in it...
    Place a door (insulated as well) in the front of the bay slots, and you now have a mini 2-can fridge. :clap:

6. shred444

shred444 What's a Dremel?

if you are running two different water systems, you could have them different colors, and have the tubing intertwined together. This would have to be a smaller tubing, possible 3/8.

7. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

having the 2 cooling systems is the idea but one is a prommy so you can't really mod it too greatly. I quite like the prommy in the standard form any how and then it will give me masses of space for the extra mods i'm planning.

The mini fridge sounds like a wicked idea. Think i may have to give that a go if only for comedy value

8. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

had another idea,

modding a plasma disc into the side of the case behind a plexi box full of water would look a bit crazy i think deffo worth a pop

the dremel is gonna despise me by the time i get finished

9. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

- mod a mini-itx mobo into a flat imac, and use a lcd screen that can be "wall-mounted" for replacing the original imac one, paint the whole think in black
    -> main prb: finding the flat imac case

- have a case in "frosted plexy" with inside RGB leds and on the front, three rheo to change the color of the entire case between 256colors !!
    -> main prb: cost of the rgb leds

10. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

I've seen a mini-fridge where u can put 6 cans. That would would be cool for a "coca-cola" or beer&lan theme :hehe:

11. SeT

SeT What's a Dremel?

How about a custom modular PSU? Take your PSU of choice and clip all the wires off inside and mod connectors into the PSU housing. Then take the extra wire and make all that custom length so that you can easily hide them and there's not a bunch of slack hanging around taking up room. And at the same time you could do the molex lighting mod.

You said you're water cooling... Where's the res gonna be? If you're going to use a typical bayres, you could do a stealth or integration mod on it with the 5.25 covers. Take one or 2 of the covers(depending on if it's a dual or single bay res)and cut them to sorta match the windows in the rest of your case. Glue them onto the face of the res...

What kind of radiator will you be using? Find a way to make a clear fan shroud and light it up if it'll be visible.

Custom fan controller/placement(if you decide to use one). Personally, I'm getting tired of them being mounted the same old way in a 5.25 bay. You could build a custom one and mount it in the top of your case or on the side pannel, whichever would be more convenient to reach.

Asking for trouble but you could water proof LEDs and put them inside your water tubes every few inches. That'd be really sweet if you could get them to flash in order around the loop. One light is on for a second or so and then it goes off and the next comes on and so on...

12. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

the resevoirs i were wanting were ones like these little puppies

[​IMG]

i'm thinking LEDs and some uv reactive dye

:hip: :hip: :hip:

(i know its only a header tank)

13. thrasher

thrasher What's a Dremel?

mirrors

Somebody should make a case out of those 1-way or 2-way mirrors(whichever one is the kind that you can see through from one side and the other side is a mirror). That wold kick some major ass! :rock: Just shine some superbright laser LEDs in there and have the light bounce off the mirrors. Might be expensive though...

14. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

I'm going to mirror the inside of the case then i won't have to go mad with LEDs maybe a colour cathode which alternates colours dunno where or if they do em but seems quite good

15. Slick13

Slick13 What's a Dremel?

Just had another thought......

mod the front of the pc to contain an ipod dock so i can just slide it into the front of the case and have less clutter on the desk.

any furthur ideas to add anyone???