1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scratch Build – In Progress Modern furniture

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by ARCA.F, 30 May 2020.

1. ARCA.F

ARCA.F What's a Dremel?

Modern furniture

Hey Guys!
    It is the first time to leave a log ・W・

It took 3 years from the concept until the work was completed, but finally the main characters are ready.This work is the third water-cooled PC, and I made a custom case for the first time. I had many challenges for the first time, and I was able to learn various techniques. I would like to leave the challenge log here, so please have a look!
    [​IMG]
    Three years ago I was a student and longed for a full scratch build made by MODDER overseas. Unfortunately, there are few people in Japan who do full scratch builds, and there is no home page for building build logs. I want to make the Japanese PC MOD more exciting.

I started designing the next PC as soon as I finished making the current PC mod. I had to combine design and cooling performance because I made the PC for my game, not for the event.

From the beginning, the concept of the work was decided to be "modern furniture". Aiming for a PC that does not look like a PC that can be placed in the living room. Most of the cases on the market are cubes and there are few cases with beautiful curves, so I decided to design it myself. At this time, I did not decide on the component parts and started making from the case, and I decided on the current design one year ago and spent a lot of time on the concept. During that time, I did not specialize in machines, so I studied CAD and Processing machine etc.

This is the finally decided 3D concept
    [​IMG]
    It was very helpful to improve layout and design balance.

Now I will introduce the build logs from concept to completion in order!

Please come visit me on Twitter

Canardwc likes this.
  2. ARCA.F

ARCA.F What's a Dremel?

PART1. MAKE A CASE

Aluminum frame is the main role in this design, but the biggest difficulty was the expression of the curved part. We rejected it because we needed a large steam facility to bend thick wooden boards like furniture, and we couldn't pass the wiring inside. Finally, I decided to stick a wooden board that bends only in one direction, using the machined wood as a frame. As a result, I was able to make it stronger than I expected.

Image of bentwood furniture

[​IMG]

Most of the exterior uses a laser cutter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    The part that did not penetrate was finished with an ultrasonic cutter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    13mm cutting was barely.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I colored the part that was shaved with a laser.
    [​IMG]
    It looks good. Cheap and easy to disassemble.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This fan has no white model so I painted it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Canardwc likes this.