1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V Modern Warfare 2 - Lag?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Bonzo45, 6 May 2010.

1. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

Hey All, Recently, after reading the reviews on the sound cards for < £100 I bought myself an Asus Xonar DX. It's been great, I've been able to get surround sound back (my onboard sound failed at that) and Bad Company has never sounded better.

However, I had a mate over today and he tried to play the Modern Warfare 2 campaign. Upon starting it up it was extremely laggy to the point where it isn't playable. Some parts it'll be screaming along at 100fps, but if I turn around sharply it'll drop to 1 for a while and then come back. After fiddling with the Audio options (which are very sparse) I couldn't get it to go away. I know my PC is up to it, see sig, and I've played this game before.

If I go to multiplayer, I can join a game and it's fine, however the audio volume is set to minimum and if I try to increase it I get a the error Client Command Overflow.

I've tried toggling DS3D off in the Xonar DX Audio Center, but to no avail. Anyone else had this problem. Anyone with a Xonar DX care to tell me what settings they're running MW2 and in the Audio Center? Thanks in Advance...

Last edited: 9 May 2010
  2. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

3. Bonzo45

Bonzo45 Ex CPC

Hmmm, I re-installed my drivers, and re-installed MW2 Singleplayer and multiplayer from a backup. Multiplayer now works fine, however Singleplayer is still unplayable.

I have the same problem with Company of Heroes, bad lag... anyone had a similar problem?

4. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Hmm, not sure what your problem is, I have a DX but I don't have the Xonar Audio Centre or whatever it's called installed, I just let Windows 7 download the latest drivers for it and am using them. I don't have any problems with lag in any games (including MW2).

Have you tried switching back to onboard audio to see if you still get problems?

Tags: