1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Modern Warfare 2 PC not delayed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Oct 2009.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

Like anyone will believe anything Bowling says. Ever.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

Just cancelled my pre-order earlier today. I'll buy it when dedicated server support is back in there so I guess I don't really care if its delayed or not.

4. oatey4519

oatey4519 can't be arsed...

Job good!!
    :rock:
    It's a pain the dedicated server stuff
    But people will still buy it.
    Going down the console route & trying to stop pirates this way

5. bogie170

bogie170 What's a Dremel?

6. oatey4519

if this is changed its going to put a big delay on the game for surely..

that's a hell of a lot of people though.

7. bogie170

I reckon this will hit 100,000 by the end of the week if not mid-week!

8. Er-El

Er-El Minimodder

Only thing that bothers me aboute the release of this game is the ridiculously high RRP. There's no reason why it should be priced higher than other games. So I'll wait until price goes down and get it.

9. general22

general22 What's a Dremel?

How nice that he has replied when nobody cares about the PC version anymore

10. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I don't know anybody who cares about this game without dedicated server support anyway, so delays are irrelevant. I would love to find out if it was the developer or publishers decision. With the crap that Activision has been pulling lately it wouldn't surprise me if it were them, in which case this is the straw that broke the camels back for me. I won't be buying any more of their products if this isn't fixed (yes, unfortunately that includes blizzard). I'm sick of giving so much of my money to company's that don't care about the end user at all. If it was IW's decision, what the hell were they thinking? Even DICE is giving them crap (probably the best part of this situation).

11. NoMod

NoMod What's a Dremel?

Who cares if it's on time or not - it won't be worth buying without dedicated server support. IW just killed the PC version of this game stone dead.

But they won't care, the hardcore gamers represent such a tiny proportion of sales compared to console/casual gamers that our boycoting the game will make f-all difference to thier profits.

12. dreamhunk

dreamhunk What's a Dremel?

we are boycotting all actvision games and hardware companies that support consoles. Blizzard makes half of actvision income so they will care.

our target is AMD

13. dreamhunk

Iposted this last night on vg247

yea I know pc gamers are boycotting hardware companies that support consoles, big companies like AMD

we are boycotting all actvision games. We really love blizzard but actvision gets half their income from pc gamers that support blizzard.

boycotting COD is not enough because the game devs wouldn’t care. We boycott the tooles they work on maybe the message will get across.

here is two links

news up date actvision trying to Silences Community

http://www.gamersnexus.net/component/content/article/47-newsfront1/221-iw-silences-community

http://kotaku.com/5384290/dice-makes-hay-with-dedicated-server-controversy

we now have 39 000 pc gamers please spread the word. hopefully we can get enough pc gamers to make an inpact with our dallor bills.

something that big companies only under stand money!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?dedis4mw

here is the sorce

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/2369799

frankly I am sick of drm,lies,sick of gamestop etc basicly big companies treating pc gamers like dirt!

So please spread the all over the world.WE need as meny pc gamers as we can to fight big comapnies

14. Combinho

Combinho Ten kinds of awesome

That'll be a, 'Yes, but we don't want to announce it yet. We're still trying to work out whether we'll drown it in the IWNet furore or let that die down first.'

15. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

What? AMD don't support consoles, consoles support them. Without consoles paying for their chip manufacture intel would have an even stronger grip on the PC market and we as PC gamers would suffer with higher prices/worse products. I feel like it's very misguided to just hate consoles unilaterally, you should just hate that they aren't being treated as a separate market by devs. It has very little to do with the hardware or PC gamers would have had this strong an impotent rage 10 years ago.

16. dreamhunk

AMd has 80 percent of their hardware in consoles, plus the have a deal with microsoft.

17. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

To what? Design another console chip? Again, AMD are doing their job which in turn gives them R&D funds to make PC products. THIS IS A GOOD THING. It does not matter what hardware consoles use, only that software developers/publishers like Activision treat PC gamers like consoletards. Boycotting AMD will do nothing, boycotting Activision will probably do nothing either, but there will at least be reason behind it.

18. bogie170

19. oatey4519

just so funny...
    player left
    its ok me can go back to Cod4... lol

20. FeRaL

FeRaL What's a Dremel?

Tool.

Tags: Add Tags