1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Modern Warfare 3 dedicated servers confirmed

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 17 Aug 2011.

1. wuyanxu

wuyanxu still wants Homeworld 3

all games have a stage where the player will get bored. for Call of Duty series, this happened sometime at the end of 2007, after a few months CoD4's release. subsequent CoD3.1, CoD3.2, CoD4.1 and this "new" CoD4.2 are DLC's at best.

funny how this DLC have made dedicated server a special feature, forgetting how this basic "feature" was brutally ripped out of the game in 4.1.

2. awok3N

awok3N Who dares wins.

It's an FPS and I care about my stats and performance in public and pcw's, so I naturally play the PC versions. Anything other than FPS/MMORPG I'd most likely get on ps3 or xbox.

Well in cases where the game's PC version offers vastly superior graphics like The Witcher 2 for example, I'm glad I got the PC version.

3. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Member

Exactly.

4. Digibull

Digibull Stealth Geek

Yup. I was a massive fan of the 1st 4 games, played them all to death.

MW2 was a nightmare on the PC and really killed it for me. Getting an actual game going was far too much hassle and I always disconnected after a 'server migration'. Never bought Blops.

5. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

Wrong site!

Mate, you've logged into the wrong site.
    You've accidentally commented on Bit-Tech instead of posting your status on your Face-ache Wall.

I know they are both blue themed, but Face-ache is where you are supposed to post semi-literate inanities.
    Plus, your "bro's" would be far more appreciative of your CODBLOPS: MW15 gushing.

PS. Are your fingers crossed that MW3 isn't delayed a week?

6. hirezo

hirezo steam&BF3: killahlatch

+1 i ll enjoy this and battlefield, no problems for me...everyone hates cod but i dont care, i love the SP its like playing a massive budget hollywood blockbuster lol. MP looks good fun too, dont see why we can enjoy both games :D

7. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Meh, I loved COD4, played it religiously..

Then it's all gone downhill from there. I wish I'd never bought BLOPS. I'll be giving this a miss.

8. do_it_anyway

do_it_anyway Member

OK, I'm gonna jump into this discussion even though I tried so hard not to bite.

Firstly, saying dedicated servers are back is cool, is admitting that removing them was uncool. Thanks for that.

Secondly, COD titles are brainless, fast paced FUN. Battlefield titles are more strategic, longer, multifaceted FUN.
    Both can be fun. Sure, the cash cow is milked with the COD series, but I've had some fun on them. And even if I only play them for about and hour a night for 2 weeks. Its cost me around £2 per night. And you can't do anything for that these days.

I am looking forward to battlefield 3. It looks awesome. But occaisonally I might jump back on the COD wagon for some fast paced brainless nonsense. Because sometimes thats just what you need.

9. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I agree with do_it_anyway, yes I'm looking forward to BF3 FAR more but I'll still probably pick up up MW3 as well.

10. Anfield

Anfield Well-Known Member

MW3 = overpriced stand alone DLC for MW2

11. Chriscogley

Chriscogley New Member

can't wait for this to come out but mildly diappointed
    don't know why in particular but something just doesn't fit in this game this time round
    but looks okay i think

12. komm

komm New Member

they should have called it a day with the series after CoD4 every CoD game after that has been a let down for PC gamers, BF3 is looking so much better.
    Consoles killed the market for good PC FPS games.

13. impar

impar Well-Known Member

Tags: Add Tags