1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Molex Connection Rant

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jeckulz, 18 Oct 2013.

1. jeckulz

jeckulz New Member

Right, I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I have this deep seated, boiling resentment towards them.

They've been around longer than Call of Duty, and everyone is sick of that, so how are we putting up with these frankly, vile fiddly ****ers?

Does nobody else when attempting to fix an old machine fall into fits of swearing every time they try to actually connect one in a tight space?
    THE MALE PINS NEVER ALIGN CORRECTLY! (unless on a hard drive, and even then - The the feck uses IDE drives any more?)
    It's like threading 4 needles simultaneously! (And doesn't that sound like fun)

Yeah, sure they're a convenient, established standard, but so is SATA, and they're more user friendly than Lego!

I for one, will not mourn the day when PSU's no longer provide molex support. Why some high end PSUs still support floppy is beyond me.

Isn't there someone I can complain to about this? :p

GeorgeK likes this.
  2. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

Someone who thinks the same as me! I only have any in my system due to having some LED strips - I swear I've spent 10 minutes trying to plug in one bloody plug in the past!!!

[devil's advocate]they don't snap like sata connectors can and do regularly...[/devil's advocate]

Have a super-Friday-molex-hating rep-bomb from me in consolation :thumb:

3. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

My deep-seated loathing of molex has got to the point where I actively avoid anything that requires one [or a floppy connector]

GeorgeK likes this.
  4. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

They annoy me.
    Not as much as motherboard i/o shields, but they do annoy me :)

5. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

They are pretty robust though.

Broke a few sata connections, you aint gonna break a molex to a old hard drive for example.

6. GeorgeK

GeorgeK Swinging the banhammer Super Moderator

i/o shields don't hold a candle to the hell that is molex connectors... Although the little metal parts that can jam inside usb / ethernet ports can go straight to hell...