1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Molyneux warns companies over motion sensing controllers

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Garside, 23 Aug 2006.

1. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

When I start to want doing that in real life or when the other guy has a REAL lightsaber :D

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

That is what i have been waiting for years!!!! that is what i want, pure and utter mindless interactive videogame violence, so much interactive gore that you can swim in it.

dont get me wrong here, i am a realy peacefull guy, i am one of the most kind a peacefull guys in my class and in the area i live, and most evil guys around here dont play games, they prefer the real thing or never played videogames in their lifes.

i just like to de-stress on violent videogames. i also consider that these violent games should be categorized as such, and not be sold to minors or as presents to minors.

have you seen the game, "red steel"? ok how do you prefer to play your FPS, with a dual analog game pad or with something you can point and click like your mouse and that you feel the recoil and sound of the weapon?

3. TheColdLord

TheColdLord What's a Dremel?

TBH I agree with DXR...I am also a peacefull guy, maybe not the most but still I don't go arround the town asking for trouble and picking on old ladies. Still to feel the bones snap under a hamer or a katana(my favorite weapon....but that was offtopic),creates an amazing level of immersiveness.

I recal reading somwhere that the wiimote will not have force feedback, as there was some sort of disorder in that. Well I hope I am wrong cuz it will sure as hell going to be fun console with FF or without.

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Katana is not off topic, Red Steel will allow you to use a Katana.

As with EVERYTHING, everything is perfectly safe untill you put it in the wrong persons hands.

5. Rich_13

Rich_13 What's a Dremel?

I'm pretty sure if you wanted you could sit down and use it(esp the lightgun part, bring on duck hunt !!).

ok prolonged use will leave you a bit tired but if anything thats a benefit. I sure know that I spend too much time looking at screens so I might take a break....

Plus there is the more traditional controller. Nintendo has tried to cover as much ground as possible to make it appeal to as many people as possible.

Plus we'll have to see how good the motion sensing is. A short sharp flick of the wrist might be read as a full swing of the arm to the controller so its just how you use it as well.

6. TheColdLord

The "wrong hands" hands isn't the issue here!!! We are not talking about what "could" or "would" happen if it fell into the wrong hands.Ppl will play for the fun of playing the game and imerrsing themselves more than with regular console. The point of it is to have fun not to exercise finishing moves that you'll use in the future!

7. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

But you'll only use them as "finishing moves" in the future if you are so mentally inclined.

I personally never have any inclination to currently try and get hold of a gun and then go and try and save the world. But some people do.It all boils down to mental stability.

8. TheColdLord

Yet the gaming industry shouldn't suffer for those with that sort of mental instability, I see no point why the "healthy" majority should have cr**py games with hippies and stuff like that cuz maybe some crazy kid is going to take a gun and start shooting a bullet some1's a** saying he is the "freakin' liberator"!!!!!

This "should" and "could" thing is absurd IMHO....If you are a perrent and know or see that you're kid has an inclination towards such things then do not buy him the game. As for grownups..... well I really have nothing to say there.....

Tags: Add Tags