1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Monday Afternoon Modding (Lian Li A06 Front Lighting)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by capnPedro, 31 Mar 2009.

1. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

Stock:
    [​IMG]

Blue? Ewwww!
    So when I bought the case (January) and was modding originally, I decided to go for a blacked out, blank front.

[​IMG]

But that got a bit boring. So after cracking out the tools....

[​IMG]

Anyone soldered an SMT package 0603 LED before? Well I hadn't, but today I soldered 7 of them. And damn they're small; half the size of a regular surface mount LED. 1.7 x 0.8 x 0.65 mm. It's really really tiny! They were the only ones I could get though, and the brightness is perfect. It was tricky as I don't have a hot air station or a skillet thingy, but I'm so proud I managed to solder them by hand (20W iron, tweezers and a bit of luck). :rock:

2. stuartwood89

stuartwood89 Please... Just call me Stu.

Much classier than blue, I have to say. I did the same to my Jeantech Aqua. No blue at all now!

3. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

This is quite nice. You should have saved us a pic of the tiny LEDs. Good looking.:thumb:

john

4. capnPedro

capnPedro Hacker. Maker. Engineer.

My only camera is a phone, which can't do macro, but here's a blurry shot through a magnifying glass. 0603, standard SMT LED and a 5mm LED have been outlined.

[​IMG]