1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor Hz Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Guest-17499, 26 Jun 2009.

1. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

Hey guys,

Im running a Viewsonic Vx922 TFT, had it for about 3 years with no problems. Last week out of the blue I started having problems running Counterstrike 1.6 (HL1 Engine) in 75Hz, the screen would just go black as if it wasnt plugged into a computer at all, if I alt tabbed back out into windows however it was fine again.

So i decided to reformat to fix this issue, and im not even able to run 75hz on any resolution on my desktop in windows XP : (

Anyone got any ideas? I made absolutely no software changes prior to this happening, i thought it may have been some sort of graphics driver corruption, is there any chance it could be the physical dvi cable?

Thanks for any help

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

3. Guest-17499

Guest-17499 Guest

i tried both the driver from windows update and the one you posted, neither helped ; (

4. GoodBytes

Did you restart your computer? Did you install the video card driver form the manufacture site (ie: Nvidia website if you have any Geforce video card)?

Open the Display Property panel from the Control Panel, go to the "Settings" tab, click on the "Advance" button. From there go to the Monitor tab, and uncheck a box that says "Hide Modes that this monitor can't display" or something along that line.
    Once you do, you should see have 75Hz open now.

5. azrael-

azrael- I'm special...

You shouldn't run a TFT at any other refresh rate than 60Hz (unless it's one of the new 120Hz models). The reason is that LCD panels only run at 60Hz (again with the before-mentioned exception).

Are you running the screen off analog VGA or digital DVI? If possible, run it off the digital connection. It'll give you the best image and there's nothing to be gained from running it at 75Hz from an analog connection (the only one where you actually *can* select 75Hz "legally", if at all).

With a bit of bad luck you might actually have damaged the screen.

6. GoodBytes

Well, I would agree with azrael-, but the Viewsonic website says it's a 60-75Hz screen... I was surprised as well.

7. mm vr

mm vr The cheesecake is a lie

On my previous monitor (an early 15" LCD from Fujitsu-Siemens) the picture actually looks a lot sharper on 75Hz than 60Hz. But that's the only one I've seen to do such things.

8. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?