1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Monitor Jammed at 63.9Hz

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Emoticon Fury, 22 Sep 2006.

1. Emoticon Fury

Emoticon Fury What's a Dremel?

Okay heres the story, I have twin 955DF 19" monitors (CRTs) one on my primary machine one on the secondary and theyre both about 4yrs old. The one on my primary machine started getting blurry so I switched it with the one on my secondary. Now I had noticed before that the secondary one wouldn't go over 63.9 Hz, but it wasnt that big of a deal since most of my reading was done on my primary machine anyway. Well when I plugged my secondary's monitor into my primary machine, the picture is razor sharp again, but it still won't go over 63.9Hz @ 1024x1280. So I have a choice I can go blind(er) :D looking at blurred 75hz or I can have my eyes water from 63.9Hz....Any ideas?

BTW: Yes it is the exact same model and the recommended spec at 1280x1024 is 75hz and the windows display panel setting is at 75Hz but the monitor registers it as 63.9Hz and I can definitely tell it isnt lying. The newest drivers are also installed.

Last edited: 22 Sep 2006