1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Monitor modding (FAO GOO too;)

Discussion in 'Modding' started by GT3_GOD, 2 Dec 2002.

1. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

I was reading the GOO lian-li modding article again and right at the end you mentioned modding your monitor, well this inspired me as I dont have the funds for a nice looking monitor as all my cash goes on games and new mobos etc ;). Anyway back to the point, have you had any ideas on the matter yet, I was thinking along the lines of getting it sprayed silver and then sticking a sheet of brushed alu all around the front bezil. Then mounting all the buttons around the back of the monitor then putting a Matrix Orbital LCD and two vandal resistant buttons on the front of the monitor.

My monitor is this one:

[​IMG]

and Ill fire up photoshop in a minuite with a photograph of my actual monitor to see what it might look like.

Any thoughts comments (especially from you GOO ;)) would be greatly appreciaited

Paul/GT3

2. GT3_GOD

GT3_GOD What's a Dremel?

just measured up, the lcd wont fit, but it still would look good IMO..

3. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

What I have been meaning to do for a long time is dye the monitor black, and then apply a frame of brushed aluminum to the front, around the screen.

Led's would be swapped for blue ones, and I was also going to do a plexi overlay on the bottom part of the alu frame, with a GOO style decal sandwiched between.

I wasn't intending on changing the buttons on mine.

Need to get on and do it, but it's finding the time at the moment.:sigh: