1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor Problem

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by stueyg87, 16 Jul 2009.

1. stueyg87

stueyg87 What's a Dremel?

Hello guys

I previosuly posted in the hardware section as i thought it was my gfx card that was on its way out, but after buying a new graphics card and installing it my problem is still here, i've provided a picture below to show what the problem is.

Basically i get loads of dodgy colours and pixels being all different colours. The problem isnt there constantly sometimes its on for a while then just flicks off back to normal, i've changed colour settings, resolutions and when problem has ocme on i plugged my PC into my HDTV and the problem isnt showing there, so i'm guessing its my monitor.

If any1 can sort of provide me with any help i would appreciate so much as it looks like i have to fork out some more money :wallbash: :hehe:

Heres the picture:

[​IMG]

Its not the best quality but you can see the pixels above the "B" which are pink and this is pretty much happening all over the screen with different colours

2. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Have you tried re-installing the drivers? Could be them corrupt, oh, and maybe your PSU? What card and PSU you running?

3. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

looks like you may have a few dead pixels, if you have another monitor you can try (I know you tried your TV, but just to be sure) then I think thats the problem.

If you're not too bothered about getting a really good replacment monitor, then you can expect to pay around £60 for a 17", but you choice on size etc, but I take it you have your 9500 now, so native 17" resoltuion would run quite nice on a 9500.

Gaz :)

4. stueyg87

i'm running a 9500GT with a 500W PSU, but this problem was happening with my old card which was a 7600GS.

I've just had it on my HDTV and no problems are showing what so ever on there, so surely it cant be the PSU and Gfx card if it works fine on there?

5. stueyg87

i'm thinking of breaking out the old 15" CRT i have in the loft to test it out on there as well, the problem is that it comes and goes, like atm its fine, but in 5mins it could be going mental

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Drivers?

And it could be, give them a quick flick, it may sort out the problem.

7. gaz_360

gaz_360 Make that change

NICE

CRT's Cheesecake lol, I had the satisfaction of taking mine to the chairty shop a while ago, was gonna make a youtube video of my friend going skitz at it, but I thought someone else might want it :D

Gaz :)

8. stueyg87

if i uninstall them once i reboot will i get the popup to input the driver CD again? dont wanna nack anything up since i got it working already

9. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Un-install them, you should be able to do this from the driver CD, then, once it's removed them, reboot, and no, it won't ask you to re-install, your resolution will be something like 800x600..FOREVER!!!

Actually, once it's rebooted, pop the CD in again, or go to My Computer and do double click on the CD drive, and install... Simplez :D

10. stueyg87

i've done a scan on the nvidia website and my current drivers are old, and they have allowed me to download a newer driver, am i best off using the new one instead?

11. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Erm...............yes!

Just simply put, new drivers offer, well they offer lots, I cba to think what, but just install the new ones...

12. TheMusician

TheMusician Audio/Tech Enthusiast/Historian

Could be your video card. My 7600GT was doing the same exact thing. I had blue lines all over Firefox. Stucks blue dots in random places in the screen, and moving white and orange dots/lines on every Youtube video.

I removed it and voila, all the little dots/lines are gone. Sure, it's integrated graphics and I won't be able to game again, but at least I can use Windows without issue.

13. stueyg87

I've updated the Drivers, so just gonna be a waiting game to see if it happens. thansk for the input and i'll keep you up to date

14. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

Go play some games, put the GPU under a bit of stress, if it is the monitor, that problem may show up when gaming.