1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Monitor Recommendation

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Uggers, 8 Oct 2014.

1. Uggers

Uggers What's a Dremel?

I'm trying to find a decent monitor that's at least 2560 x 1440, I've been looking at 27inch and also the 30inch

My budget is around £400 ($640)
    GPU = GTX 680 (2GB)
    Current Monitor = HP ZR24W

With that setup I can play quite a few games at decent FPS at 1920 x 1200, However I realise if I go up a resolution again that will suffer

I mainly Game on the monitor, I do watch some TV/Movies occasionally, but the source quality isn't always the best, youtube 1080p, online streams, some blu-ray rips. etc Most of the Movie Watching is done on my TV in the other room mainly though.

Games are fairly varied, World of Warcraft primarily, then pretty much anything else in equal measures, I do play FPS, but I'm pretty average so I suspect having the very best reaction speed monitor won't really make a notice able difference for me.

I plan on using the 24inch HP as a 2nd screen finally, so I guess that means I will be gaming on the new main monitor in border-less (windowed) fullscreen to allow that, So GSYNC would be pointless

I have been looking at Dell UltraSharp U2713HM and I can get this for about £385 and wondered if this was worth it, or in fact paying a premium for a dell. I've also looked at the BenQ BL3200 but I'm not sure how well that'd be for gaming

I'd prefer to have something with a relativity painless return/warranty, and I'd like for it to be fairly sturdy on the desk.

2. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I would buy that Dell in a heartbeat. All the Dell monitors that I have owned have been ace, and the 2713 is a cracking display.

3. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Agreed, the Dell's are fantastic value - yes they cost a bit more but the warranty, stand etc are all very very good and usually worth the extra considering that you will have the monitor for a long time and it is the one thing that you will constantly use when you use your computer.

I believe it is better to buy quality now for a little extra and enjoy it for a long time rather than save a bit now and not have the quality to only upgrade again later and end up spending more overall and never being satisfied.

4. Uggers

Uggers What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the replies guys,

Do you game on it at all? I wasn't sure what it was like due to the higher MS latency. I realise IPS panels suffer from higher than TN though so I can't get one thats 1MS or something

5. jinq-sea

jinq-sea 'write that down in your copy book' Super Moderator

I game on my 3008, yes (and I used to game on the 3007hc that I now have on my desk in work). Both were great, IMHO :)

6. Auxilliary

Auxilliary Crashes into space stations

Im gaming on Dells U2212HM IPS panels and I haven't noticed any considerable ghosting. Plus they are brilliant panels

7. MightyBenihana

MightyBenihana Do or do not, there is no try

Gaming on my U2412HM is fantastic, never had an issue.

8. phinix

phinix RIP Waynio...

Dude.. go for Benq 32" . Or this very similar Samsung- looks better, same VA panel.

9. Bladesingerz

Bladesingerz Minimodder

The Dell monitors are very good indeed if you want to pay the price for them.
    I've got 3 1440p korean monitors from ebay. 2x 'QNIX QX2710 LED' and 1x 'X-Star 2710'

The screens are nice but ofcourse not as accurate or feature packed ad the dell's.

10. Tangster

Tangster Butt-kicking for goodness!

I have no problems gaming on my Dell U3011, highly recommend their monitors.