1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Moore: "Disappointed" by Home delays

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 8 May 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

im not sure i 100% i get what home is, isn't it like second life just on the ps3? or is there more to it than that.

3. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

yeh kind of

does anyone think this will be any good or just a gimick youll use for the first few days and stop using?

4. Flibblebot

Flibblebot Smile with me

It's turning into the PS3's equivalent of DNF. (lol, just noticed that the initials for that game also stand for "Did Not Finish"...coincidence?)

I think Sony are probably wanting to tap into the money that something like Second Life generates. Want some clothes for your avatar? That'll cost you. A house? That'll cost you.

tbh, I can't see the point from a gamer's POV. It's either a gimmick or a cash cow. Take your pick.

I could be wrong, but until Sony show me otherwise, I'll remain cynical.

5. cjoyce1980

cjoyce1980 What's a Dremel?

its just pretty much second life clone, but everything is PSN content rather that second life content.

i dont get second life, so i dont thing this will be a good idea, great concept tho and that how it should of stayed.

what actually happened to actually seeing your friends, playing a few footy games and then beer......... home will make some PS3 owners obsolete.

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

they can take their time as long as it is cool!

7. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

I don't really see the point either, but then again, I didn't see the point in achievements when I first heard of them.

8. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

the way i see it, achievements are just a way of developers to "extend" the life of the game for Koreans and obsessive compulsives.

9. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

hehehe...love it, but sadly too tru!

10. lewchenko

lewchenko Minimodder

Well 2nd life on the PC is for people whose 1st life is apparently not up to par, so Im not sure what this will be for the PS3. As the general population in console land tends to be 12-16yr olds, I think it will be more like a junior disco... but as its 2008, with knifes, guns, drugs, and car crime!

I think its a joke, but then again.. Im not 16yrs old.

11. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

I dont get the people that moan and say release it now!!!!!, this alsogoes for all games on any platfrom thats still in development. They are delayed for good reason, that the product is not finished or has bugs still to be fixed. If they gave in and released the product uncomplete, these people that moaned to get it released are also the first that moan because the product is broken and doesnt work.

I like to buy a completed product and not some botch job, so take as long as you need. However I still dont get this Home stuff untill I see it in action.

12. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

Honestly, once in-game XMB (sometime this summer) and trophies/accomplishments are out for the system there won't be much complaining and people think that Home is what will bring both of these things even though in-game XMB is a separate update......but Sony needs to learn from their mistakes and not spout out false dates of when things will come only to find out they were wrong and 'need more time'......because not everyone is a Beta user.....

13. Kurayamino

Kurayamino As long as the Raven flies

I love the fact that EA don't change, he says something about getting it out there! Well EA have done that with alot of there products and they're all deemed unfinished in my opinion. Maybe Sony just want to get it working perfectly here without endliess patches before they decide to give up on an unfinished product. (I hate EA)

Tags: Add Tags