1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Moorestown is on track for 2009/2010

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 21 Aug 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S Well-Known Member

2. bowman

bowman Member

I am very excited about Moorestown, although a bit miffed that it's not a 32nm product. It might be good anyway, what with the PCU stuff learned from Nehalem being applied and all.

Did he mention spring IDF specifically, or October IDF in Taiwan for more Moorestown info?

3. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org New Member

I am not as much of a noob than this question will make me sound like, I promise. Now for the question.
    What is the large disk that the guy is holding up the the image on the left? thanks.

4. bowman

bowman Member

Okay, I just watched the netcast, some sites claimed Spring IDF but he said Taiwan which is in October.

That's the wafer, all the little square shaped things are dies (or dice), individual chips.

5. Beefcake

Beefcake New Member

ParaHelix.org,
    That's a 300mm silicon wafer that many hundreds of the Moorestown CPUs are etched onto. It will be cut into individual rectangular dies that will be soldered to PCBs like the one he's holding up in the third image.

Beefcake

6. ParaHelix.org

ParaHelix.org New Member

Thanks for that, so, basically its just a load of CPU's stuck together which would usually be cut into individuals?

7. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I am not looking forward to this, I have never needed a smart phone and wouldn't really want one (unless it was free)
    I have the cheapest phone you can get, it sends messages and makes phone calls and has a calculator.

Tags: Add Tags