1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

moral dilemma - do i mod my fish?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mattt, 8 Dec 2005.

1. MrWillyWonka

MrWillyWonka Chocolate computers galore!

/Me phones RSPCA...

2. Malvolio

Malvolio .

/me phones for some sea-food sauce...

3. VincentVega

VincentVega New Member

I can't believe that people are actually recommending using glue on a fish, a living, sentient creature. Equally, I find it difficult to imagine why you object to spending £20 visiting a vet. You could always call them up beforehand to see if they deal with fish. If they do, ask how much it would cost for them to have a look.

Do you have a pet shop near you? Take the fish along in a decent-sized container and ask their advice. Find an acquarium or zoo in the telephone directory and ask their advice.

Just put it back in the tank and let nature take its course. Don't kill it. If it dies, then it dies. But don't kill it yourself.

4. Mattt

Mattt Member

well we use glue on people, thats what superglue was first invented for. and were living sentiant beings. we also give people prostic limbs, this wouldnt be much differnt.

well considering your average tetra is £1 in any local pet shop I dont realy think that £20 to visit a vet is realy economic. I mean yes I like the fish and want it to live, but it is pritty old for a fish 2cm long.

thats the reason I started this thread because i knew i would get some decent advice amongst the jokes and it wouldnt cost me anything. I very much doubt the advice that a vet is going to give me is going to be any better then the advice from the marine biologist that DXR_13KE has very kindly relayed information from.

and as for killing it, i would rather do that then feed it to my fish rather then watch it slowly ripped appart and eaten alive by the other fish in my tank.

5. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 New Member

Again, what kind of tetra is it? Is it... bright red? or shiny metallic greenish? or white? or all black? or normal with a black stripe? Please, i'm really curious now, lol.

6. Mattt

Mattt Member

bog standard grey tetra.

with a bit of orange tinge on fins and around eyes. nothing flashy. but I like it none the less :D

7. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Alright, just got home from my brother-in-laws place, whom runs a tropical fish store here in edmonton, and basically: leave the fish alone, keep it fed well, and it will re-grow the tail in 1-2 months no problems and will survive. That is a professional opinion from a certified vet ;) There, I saved you money, be happy.

8. SteveyG

SteveyG Electromodder

Yep, it'll grow back over time. API used to do some additive for the water to help repair wounds and protect against infection. I think it was called Melafix or something.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

as i said :D fish are "magic" and if it is able to eat just leave it alone in isolation and let it regenerate :D

ps: give him vitamins and suplements like plancton (if tetras eat plancton i dont know) and stuff from your local pet shop, dont overdose him, you dont want a "adicted" tetra LOL.

10. KelticFox

KelticFox New Member

Came close once. Got hit in the *ahem* once whilst playing Ice Hockey

Yes I was wearing a cup, and yes it broke the cup, which 'injected' very sharp shards into my *ahem*, as well as breaking it.

Can bend it at over 90 degrees even when at full attention, and I can crack it like I can my knuckles. :duh:

Mrs Fox loves it though :thumb:

11. Dayains

Dayains Notamodder

How on earth can you crack it like your knuckles with the lack of bones or joints?

12. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Active Member

for main blood vessels are how it works, i guess the cracking is caused like whn you bend a hose pipe, and it creases *shudders*

13. alextwo

alextwo <a href="http://forums.bit-tech.net/showpost.php?p

Break it??? :confused:

14. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

i guess i speak for many here when i say: OW, dammit! :jawdrop:

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

A ..... penis can be broken even if does not have bones. imagine.... a cactus it is full of cells of fluid what hapens when you bend a catus leef, it breaks.

And dosens of guys get teir cane broken every day in america, it is very comon, usualy happens when you miss the hole and hit te part above de hole :naughty: .

This thread has gone from fish to ..... LOL
    just dont use glue on your ....... .

16. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

first off, i don't agree with you at all :yawn:

glue is used on people heads to keep it together, plastic and string stuff is used to stich people back together in one piece, metal bars are put in peoples arms, old men are given fake hips, people are given hearing aids, glasses, fake legs, walkie talkie stephen hawkins devices, and your saying it's unethical to help a fish?

also if ou find more than 1 place within 30 miles of where you live that helps fisheys, or even 1 i would be suprised.... and would you pay the money? are you contridicting yourself by saying we should not give it any medical care? lets see what happens when you want some metal and some glass lenses to see, some plastic teeth to eat, 2 metal bars too keep your arm in 1 peice and a new hip replacement....

17. akanekal

akanekal New Member

wow, after reading this, i discovered that like everyone in my class at school has tropical fish.
    please dont ask.
    lol. i say leave your fish matt. sticking a new fin on it may just make the situation worse and if you leave it at least it will probably grow back

18. keir

keir S p i t F i r e

Do we get a pic of it?

19. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

OMG, that REALLY grossed me out. :eyebrow:

20. mushky

mushky gimme snails

Don't glue your fish dude! Any glue you use will probably weigh more than the fish.

Let it grow one back. Go and get some water additives from the pet store. Stress coat or something specifically for the job, if you can find it.

Don't glue fish :grr: