1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News More Left 4 Dead coming soon

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 6 Feb 2009.

1. reaper1984

reaper1984 New Member

Is there a video option anywhere in this? I'd love to be able to watch a successful escape again, it'd be just like watching a good horror film

2. Goty

Goty New Member

There's always the "record" option.

3. Dark_Master_Dragon

Dark_Master_Dragon Beware of my lair!!!

Left 4 Dead

I saw that game in Steam i was wondering is it aready out?:eyebrow:

4. Dark_Master_Dragon

Dark_Master_Dragon Beware of my lair!!!

Thats because im not sure but can you tell me because im really confussed:eyebrow:

5. overdosedelusion

overdosedelusion I mostly come at night, mostly..

With regard to the smoker's "smoke" I think doing damage is a bit much, I think a better solution would be for a "disorientation" effect. The survivors become slow/partially blind for a certain amount of time. If the smoke did damage the smoker would be over powered. If you dragged a survivor and incap'd him, you could just hang around till you got shot, and deal damage to anyone trying to rescue him.

6. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

If it gets the modders attention like CS we could be seeing some superb custom maps. Still blows me away, the quality of the custom maps in CS:Source.

As for the smoker, I think he is fine now with the recent update. IMO he is the best counter for teams who try and rush through the level. Sure he's not a big damage dealer, but that misses the point of what he excels at, which is dragging the guy at the back of the pack away from the rest of the team. Lost track of the number of times I've managed to pull the last man back whilst the rest of his team are running hell for leather through the map.
    The resultant confusion as they try and back track to rescue him buys the rest of my team enough time to mess up the others. Smoker requires a good understanding of tactical play. Makes me laugh seeing the number of people who spawn him ahead of the survivers. :duh:

7. badders

badders Neuken in de Keuken

^Agreed.

I managed to drag a survivor out of the lift on No Mercy finale, Just as the doors were closing.
    Poor Bill had no chance.
    That was awesome.

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Agreed, the smoker is fine. I've never understood the argument that survivors and infected are unbalanced. They're supposed to be unbalanced, that's the point. That's why the infected scores mean nothing, the competition is to see how many points you get as a survivor, which is based on distance through level, survivor numbers, infected killed and remaining health. As such, it's nearly impossible for two teams to score the same, but all anyone seems to care about is whether they get to the end or not, but that's not even the point. That's why both teams play as both sides.

Tags: Add Tags